The Dark Mod Forums

The Master Foundry FM Walkthroughs/Reviews

Wizd3m

Header.png

Hey guys :D

So I finally got around to working on some TDM material over at my site, and thought I'd share what I have with anyone who might be interested. To start, I decided to review and present a walkthrough of the Training Mission. This may be of use to beginners, wanting to know more about the game, and it also helped me familiarize myself with The Dark Mod before delving into actual missions. The video walkthrough is uploading as I type this and should be up on my channel soon. Until then, you can always read my brief review of the mission, award the mission your own rating, and generally help me improve for the subsequent review and walkthrough.

I truly hope you guys like it, and I'll be sure to update this thread with more content links if you do. Thank you, and enjoy!

Training Mission (Review): http://themasterfoundry.com/review/tdm-fm-training-mission/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUqhpNTf1Yg

Edited by Wizd3m
  • Like 4

Very nice...I like the fact that your narration is a bit of a tutorial in itself.

• Like 1

Thank you Spingheel :D and sure did Bikerdude! Left you a proper response over at YouTube. I think the upper room in the house by the water was my favourite bonus area :) So much to look through, really felt like I was rummaging through someone's things, searching for something.

Awesome work. Thank you for taking an interest in the game :)

You're very welcome. I've been dying to give this game a shot, and I love every second of it. Hope the influx of new players and FMs never ends. On that note, I'd love to at some point give FM creation a try.

• Like 2

So I've just played through a mission, to finally get some actual FM experience under my belt, and I've received a stealth score of 0 at the end, with 16 level 1 suspicions. Now, I assume that this would be sufficient to say I was able to ghost the mission, but I just want to make sure before I start mentioning my successes/fails in reviews. Judging by the classic rules found here I was able to ghost this one, is that right? Sorry if this seems obvious, I'm a bit of a Ghost nut, and would hate to state false accomplishments.

Yeah, level 1 alerts don't count towards your stealth score, so I think that would count as "ghosting". Although there are some purists who say that also means no lights out, objects moved, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry it took so long, but the hardware upgrades are finally done. In celebration, I took my new PC for a spin and thoroughly enjoyed a smooth experience playing The Outpost fan mission for The Dark Mod. Here's my review. Expect a video walkthrough in the coming days, using a brand new microphone! Also, thank you Spring and Haste for clearing up my Ghosting concerns. I look forward to seeing how many missions I can complete in such a manner. Anyway, enjoy lads! And please leave a comment/user rating if you can; it's always nice to have feedback.

The Outpost (Review): http://themasterfoundry.com/review/tdm-fm-outpost-the/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JetTarwBG3g

Edited by Wizd3m
  • Like 3

Very good work. You can find a generous amount of information and detail. I found the video to be adjusted just right in terms of gamma settings, thus being a good way to show off the level, and the narration itself is very pleasant. Not to mention your site being well designed, and soothing to the eyes.

• Like 1

Very good work. You can find a generous amount of information and detail. I found the video to be adjusted just right in terms of gamma settings, thus being a good way to show off the level, and the narration itself is very pleasant. Not to mention your site being well designed, and soothing to the eyes.

Looking good, like the video

Thanks very much! I'm having so much fun, it's nice to know others are able to enjoy it alongside me. And your kind comments really mean a lot, as always. Interesting you mention the gamma RPG, it's actually the one setting I never fiddled with but always wondered if I should. My videos are dark, no doubt, that's really the game for you, and I'm glad you're finding it acceptable. As for my narration, I'm always a little worried about it since I never intended to make videos in the first place, let alone speak during them, so if you really find it pleasant, that really puts my mind at ease :) Anyway, hope you enjoy the next one!

Very nice vids Wiz, enjoyed them a lot! You've got a very professional look going on with both your video editing and website.

I was wondering, would you be interested in doing a playthrough of In a Time of Need at some point? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about level flow and design, and being able to see exactly how another person approaces the level I've designed would be really fascinating.

• Like 1

Very nice vids Wiz, enjoyed them a lot! You've got a very professional look going on with both your video editing and website.

I was wondering, would you be interested in doing a playthrough of In a Time of Need at some point? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about level flow and design, and being able to see exactly how another person approaces the level I've designed would be really fascinating.

Thank you Kyyrma, it means a lot! I would of course be interested in doing a playthrough of your mission, it's just a matter of when. Honestly, i'm trying to follow a chronological order for all my content, but seeing as how I already began with a couple of missions that technically aren't the earliest, I guess I could forego this rule for The Dark Mod. It may not be a big deal in this case simply because TDM doesn't span thousands of missions (yet), like the original Thief games, so keeping up with them shouldn't be a problem in any order. I'll see :)

• 4 weeks later...

Found some time for another TDM adventure/review. Kyyrma, I'm sorry but I decided to stick to my "somewhat chronological" approach of going through the fms, I hope you understand. Rest assured that I'll get to your mission eventually :) Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

Thief's Den (Review): http://themasterfoun...-fm-thiefs-den/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBn6jVrvcQ

Edited by Wizd3m
  • Like 1