The Dark Mod Forums

I can't make the bodies flip over

Dark Phoenix

I read someplace (I forget where) that the bodies were supposed to flip over every other time you drop them. In this way you can be sure to reach any loot they may be carrying on their back sides. I cannot seem to make this happen.

In order to make it work, i have to find a ramp that will allow me to slide the body onto it, then drop the body so it falls off the ramp and lands on it's back. Many missions do not have any ramps,

I remember from the thief games Garret carried the bodies over his shoulder. If TDM did this, it would be much easier to drop the bodies so they fall on their front, allowing you to reach the back.

Is this possible with TDM? Might we see this in the future?

It might also play a greater role in stealth play because a body on the shoulder could be more easily seen than a body being dragged around in the street.

Edited by Dark Phoenix

It sounds like you're only dragging the body. To put the body on your shoulder, ko/kill the guy, get into dragging mode, then press whatever you have set to "use" to put the body on your shoulder, that should make the body disappear and you will be carrying it. Pressing use again should drop the body. If it lands the wrong way up, repeat the process until the body lands the way you want it to, no ramps required.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I remember from the thief games Garret carried the bodies over his shoulder. If TDM did this, it would be much easier to drop the bodies

TDM does do this. It's described in the Training Mission.

You're not the only person to miss this, somehow.

post-9-0-65300100-1383081727_thumb.jpg

LOL.. yeah .. I missed it - But.. I have a good excuse.. just been out of touch past few days with a bad case of bronchitis. Got to where I could not breathe and spend all day yesterday in the emergency room.

Whats the second thing I do after getting home from the hospital after some needed rest - play TDM of course !

Thanks for all the great answers folks.

Edited by Dark Phoenix

Granted, for new players, there's a LOT of info to take in, and they are excited to get to the actually playing/progress, as fun as some of the training mission might be. Also, from playing MMOs or participating in virtual worlds, I've come to realize not everyone focuses on a game like I do, lots talk with roommates/lovers/kids/spouses in the background, have TV on or radio, are constantly hopping up for food/drink or other distractions. This environment permits lots of not paying attention given it's pace and ability to hide.

There's a rule of thumb ad agencies use, "tell them three times", because if you only present it once, most will miss it. ;-) I figure the trainer is one (which players might skip), experimentation/experience with games is two (which many have varying ability with), forum responses make three! :-)

Having gotten helpful and rather prompt responses myself from this community has been great, so thanks for that!

PS: Ick at bronchitis, feel better soon!

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

I've come to realize not everyone focuses on a game like I do, lots talk with roommates/lovers/kids/spouses in the background, have TV on or radio, are constantly hopping up for food/drink or other distractions. This environment permits lots of not paying attention given it's pace and ability to hide.

Whenever I want to play TDM or thief, I have to wait to play during the night. Not only the light gets in the way in dark games but these games are so demanding of my attention. You have to read, watch, listen, plan...

Hate to hijack this topic, but I'm having problems with bodies myself: I can't grab them before they fall, no matter what I try.

I've been practicing on a Builder in St.Lucia's. When I blackjack him, he falls over backwards and I've never been able to grab him before he makes noise; sometimes he makes the clanking noise right after he gets hit - far before the game lets me pick him up. Is there some obvious trick I'm missing?

Hate to hijack this topic, but I'm having problems with bodies myself: I can't grab them before they fall, no matter what I try.

Is that even possible here? Wouldn't that negate gameplay of waiting until they are on a quieter surface or using moss arrows before conking them?

I just messed around a bit in the sounds/blackjacking trainer and it seems a body doesn't highlight to grab until it's landed, but I'm no expert.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Body grabbing is a really advanced technique for silent takedowns. It needs a lot of skill, I've played a lot, but I cannot do it.

So I don't think it is a required core skill for a TDM player. All you gotta do is to wait the AI to be separated from his friends and then strike. Opportunities will arise, and if you close doors (sound occlusion) it is even more easier.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Yes, it's an "expert" skill that you shouldn't really rely on, like making tricky mantles. Use moss arrows or wait to take out noisy guards until they are alone/on a soft surface.

I've been playing for years, and I still screw it up sometimes. I find that if I crouch right after blackjack hitting the AI and look at where the body is going to fall, I can frob the body and shoulder it. However the body will still make some noise that's almost unavoidable, however it will be greatly reduced.

As Springheel wrote, it's an expert skill that I developed over years of playing, it takes a lot of practice. Don't expect to be able to do it right away.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Is that even possible here? Wouldn't that negate gameplay of waiting until they are on a quieter surface or using moss arrows before conking them?

I did post this video a few posts up, go check it out:

Here watch this video at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw5EKIR6Paw

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.