Springheel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
in furniture folder on ftp you can now find:

-wide bookshelf(high/low)

Atti, since you've already done some books, would you be able to do a row of books free-standing, as if they were sitting on a ledge? That will give FM authors a lot of flexibility about how to place them. They could build their own shelves and fill them with books if they want.

They did this in T3 and it worked well.

books1.jpg

Reference (minus the ones laying down)

books2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at this and imagining hiding behind it reminds me that we have to test whether the standard D3 vision test for AI's looking at you can see thru models or not, static or movables or not. I tried standing behind the boxes in the aitest map, but the AI was able to see me. I'm not sure if he was seeing thru the small cracks in the boxes though, so I'll have to test hiding behind something bigger.

Also, as SZ was saying, we might want to shrink down the player bounding box a little since it is ridiculously huge, and if used for vision testing, it would make hiding behind things difficult.

Hey, BT's becoming a triple-threat! :) I won't add this one to the list as I assume you'll want to texture it yourself. :)

same thing with some wip textures.

dchair_wip1.jpg

I can't really decide, how to make the pads - that's the "standart issue victorian chair-pad", but I also have one with some nice yellow pattern....

anyway gotta add some details and stuff to the texture and delete some unnecessary tris I found during uv-mapping.

give me some feedback, whether you like it or not. ;)

A couple things: the wood looks a little washed-out at the moment...maybe bump up the saturation? Also, we already have a red chair, how about a different colour for the pads on this one?

thx for your crit - I overworked the texture, but I'll keep the red texture, since all the stuff should fit together anyway, however it's 2 minutes in PS to change the colour of the pads - so I'll do various versions.

something else - Dram's mansion screenshots reminded me to fix Atti's dining-table. No offense Atti, but this one was really screwed up ;)

the polycount was extremley high (1331 tries) and there were errors on the model ingame.

http://www.thedarkmod.de/intern_screens/dtable_original.jpg

I remodelled the top of it in lightwave - it's 95% the same shape, but has 1000 tries less! 336 tries instead of 1331...

http://www.thedarkmod.de/intern_screens/dtable_fixed.jpg

since all the stuff should fit together anyway, however it's 2 minutes in PS to change the colour of the pads - so I'll do various versions.

Yeah, it would be good to have a few different versions of coloured things, so that FM authors can make two or three different colour schemes. Red, cream and perhaps green would work well.

Btw, table looks better now...did you increase the size at all? We will need a much larger dining table at some point.

ok, I'm sorry looks like I really imported the high-poly into lightwave. however the lowpoly has got the same mesh-error as the high-poly..

dtable_wire.jpg

you see the triangles overlapping ? this results in weird white lines all along the top in D3 - I guess you've overseen that, when you converted the quads to triangles.

the remodelled table has got slightly more triangles than your lowpoly, but the wire-frame is clean:table_wire_fixed.jpg

yes,just checked it realy there is overlapping there,it wasnt noticable until i zoomed on it

btw you can weld these points without fearing anything wil overlap..both sides of the table

click

edit:

or the problem on my version could have been fixed by moving that vertex there a bit further toward the center of table(look at the wire pic you linked)

Wow, that's very cool! The colour doesn't seem that different to me in that shot. Is that the back of the chest or the front?

BTW, did you and Atti sort out the problems with the single bed?