The Dark Mod Forums

Models That Need Attention

Springheel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't add a lock to it yet, since I'm not sure, how locks will be handled. (animated or just moved by scripting or whatever)

here's a vase I created tonight fairly quick to throw it into a map I was working on:

vase1.jpg

unfortunately the map is now screwed up for some reason (I get an error:

file path/path/mymap.map, line 9: parsed 1.#INF).... -_-

BTW, did you and Atti sort out the problems with the single bed?

forgot about that. I'll do it soon

edit: just fixed the map. I really love id's map format - you can fix problems even in a texteditor. :wub:

Nifty vase. We'll need all kinds of decorative props like that. Have you added this to CVS?

edit: the locks for chests will need to have some kind of moveable 'arm', like the chests in T2 or the locks in T3. That arm will provide visual feedback for progress while picking. I don't exactly know how we plan on doing that yet...is it reasonable to not model the locks until a programmer takes on lockpicking?

Here's a row of books, like in T3:

books1.jpg

176 tris, 512x512 texture

the texture can be scaled down, but I'd like to keep it that size, because I really love games, where I can stand in front of some books and still can read the title ;)

edit: well just changed my mind - the difference isn't that big, so I'd suggest using a 256x256 texture. then it'd look like that:

books2.jpg

(all screens without normalmaps)

Wow, that's just beautiful, BT. It -would- make me want to read the titles! Great work! Can I add this to the CVS list?

it's not ingame yet - still have to do the normalmap. BTW I'll add all those models to CVS once the texture compression stuff is done.

Ok, just keep me updated so I can make sure our 'completed' list is accurate.

Oh, and might I just say, your books make the T3 ones look like ASCII art! ;)

The banner itself looks great. Two things that look off in that shot though--the bar texture looks very low-res (or just too 'noisy'). Enough to stand out compared to the banner. And the dark streaks at the bottom of the banner don't really look believable as rips (if that's what they are).

Great flag. The metal bar is fine, it's the frilly stuff around the bottom that needs a better alpha channel. It looks too solid for what is obviously supposed to be hudrends of strands of gold wool, and a good heightmap to make them stand out individually would help as well. Paint it gold and add a noise to the spec map to make it look like sparkly golden thread.

(That's what I's do anyway)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• 2 weeks later...

ehm yeah it's my model. didn't remeber that we already have a similar model.

just downloaded and took a look at your model. overall it's looking pretty good, maybe we can use it as well (need a lot of furniture anyway) - there's just one thing that doesn't look right:

atti_chair.jpg

in sideview the model looks quite unstable because of the back.