The Dark Mod Forums

Minimalist Project 1.3: March 19th - Updated

New Horizon

Get it here.

Minimalist Project 1.3

Cleaning up a little bit.

-Lowered the visual abilities of AI slightly due to some complaints.

-Tweaked the run/walk/creep animations and speed.  Adjusting the creep to make noise required creep to be a little bit faster, I have hopefully gotten the original speed back but retained the footsteps.

-Swapped the "Thief and Assassin" buttons on the playstyles page.

Update 2: March 19th:

-fixed issues with AI combat speed causing the AI to be very inaccurate when they attack you.

Also fixed the bug where the health shields were broken after drinking a health potion.  This was a bug in Deadly Shadows where the clear gems would get stuck on after drinking a potion.  Evidently there is something wrong with the clear gem, which is unfortunate since it made adding the health shields cleaner.  Now that I have to overwrite the red gems with the shields, several models will look somewhat funny since the red gems were shared on a few models.  Hope it doesn't bother too many people.

Thanks guys. I hope you enjoy it. There are a few quirks, like when you choose a playstyle, some of the restrictions don't appear until you check your objectives ingame. Just a glitch since the custom objectives were ripped out prior to release and now they're hacked back in somewhat.

For ghosting, I also had to allow for 3 bodies to be discovered as there are missions where AI could kill each other and if they discover the body it goes against you.

Hopefully 3 will be enough.

I installed the MP, but nothing happened. Everything is just the same.

Maybe it's because I have the game installed in c:/thief3 (thoug that's the directory the I installed the MP to)

I can't even install the 1.1 patch, it says the old files don't exist, but it doesn't give an option of choosing which directory your thief install is.

edit: Strangely enough, when I click on the MP.exe, it defaults to wanting to install into c:/thief3edit which is where I used to have the editor. Maybe something fucked up in my registry..

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I installed the MP, but nothing happened. Everything is just the same.

Maybe it's because I have the game installed in c:/thief3 (thoug that's the directory the I installed the MP to)

I can't even install the 1.1 patch, it says the old files don't exist, but it doesn't give an option of choosing which directory your thief install is.

edit: Strangely enough, when I click on the MP.exe, it defaults to wanting to install into c:/thief3edit which is where I used to have the editor. Maybe something fucked up in my registry..

Whoa, what the hell. That's really strange.

I'll ask John P. what he thinks about that. He's got that installer under his belt.

Now that I've flicked through my registry and deleted everythign pertainig to the editor, the patch and MP install fine.

I'm not sure if it'll work on all those taffers with the editor installed though. Depending on where they made their install I suppose.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Now that I've flicked through my registry and deleted everythign pertainig to the editor, the patch and MP install fine.

I'm not sure if it'll work on all those taffers with the editor installed though. Depending on where they made their install I suppose.

Hmmm, that's something I forgot to add to the installation instructions.

I noticed that with the editor installed, the Minimalist installer would sometimes install to that location by default. Seemed to happen because the Thief Edit exe that drac made over at TTLG changed registry files to point to the editor. When I caught that, I manually entered the path in the installer and it worked fine after that.

Ahh yes, that was it. I forgot I used that little registry tweaker when I installed T3edit.

Still, it's funny that when I installed the MP into C:/thief3 the first time, it had no effect. Does it work on version 1.0?

- Emil Zola

character models site

Ahh yes, that was it. I forgot I used that little registry tweaker when I installed T3edit.

Still, it's funny that when I installed the MP into C:/thief3 the first time, it had no effect. Does it work on version 1.0?

Yeah, it should since Minimalist doesn't touch the t3.exe. I think that's the only file that gets altered by the T3 patch.