The Dark Mod Forums

Who would like to see this map finished?

Byrgius

Beautiful. Some of those shots remind me very strongly of Whiterose Manor...is that the map?

Wow very beautiful!

I hope someone skilled picks this up and finishes this piece of art :)

Thank you so much!

Actually I was led by my own spontanious inspiration and I spent many many hours on details, which I miss in most of the maps (it brings the liveness in, so the player can emphatize much better and feel like every single AI lives a life of his own), even if I made only couple of rooms.

I had some of the map drawn on paper and some plot on my mind, above mystery (which I love in Thief and TDM) that can be revealed only if player explore the area in detail. I had 3 different atmospheres in mind with tremendous ammount of secrecy, which could blend perfectly with the plot.

Though the area would be gigantic and my knowlage of mapping is poor, as this is my first ever project I got into. If anyone (or more) experienced mappers'd be willing to help I'd love to give it a go. :)

Edited by Aryx

tzl1l.png

Beautiful. Some of those shots remind me very strongly of Whiterose Manor...is that the map?

I currently have that map and when I can find a co-auther it will get finished.

Though the area would be gigantic and my knowlage of mapping is poor, as this is my first ever project I got into. If anyone (or more) experienced mappers'd be willing to help I'd love to give it a go.

You are kidding right, your first map? :blink:

If your serious I can help you like I helped Moonbo. He did the majority of the work (his map after all) and I fix the perf, make mapping suggestions so he knew where he was going wrong. And as most people would agree his map turned out quite well.

Drop me a PM

You are kidding right, your first map? :blink:

Yes it's my first one. :D But I quit because of the rate I was making this, it'd take year or two before I got it as I imagined it, with working on it almost every day.

Edited by Aryx

tzl1l.png

If your serious I can help you like I helped Moonbo. He did the majority of the work (his map after all) and I fix the perf, make mapping suggestions so he knew where he was going wrong.

Oh yes his map was incredible! Also the maps of yours I have played are awesome Bikerdude, I hope you can help me out when the time comes as well ;)

[slightly offtopic]

I have watched a few of your youtube videos of rooms you have made and stuff which is awesome. You have such a keen eye for detail ;)

Edited by Goldwell

This FM needs to be completed at all costs! I'm busy working on my own TDM projects at the moment but even if I wasn't, judging by the quality in your screenshots, I don't think there is anything I could really add to your FM. Best of luck with this!

Edited by Sir Taffsalot
  • Like 1

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Yes it's my first one. :D But I quit because of the rate I was making this, it'd take year or two before I got it as I imagined it, with working on it almost every day.

Aryx, from reading the comments in the "what are you working on" thread, I gather that most mappers need several months to finish their works. So you would be perfectly on time if you took only a year to finish your map in that quality. Really, the attention to details is incredible, and the quality your screenshots show is at least on par with Moonbo's "Requiem", especially since this is your very first map. You really really should finish your work and bless us lowly leechers with another grand work! ^_^

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Aryx, from reading the comments in the "what are you working on" thread, I gather that most mappers need several months to finish their works. So you would be perfectly on time if you took only a year to finish your map in that quality.

Thank you! :) Well I have much in mind for this map - more then one level in a map so it would take a while. Thankfully, Bikerdude and Fieldmedic are willing to help me out, that way this map may see the light of the day in the near future.

• Like 1

tzl1l.png

• 3 months later...

I just saw the "Thief Mod Competition" that's going on and I was wondering if anyone would like to finish this map? I can provide a storyline, map sketches and all that goes with the map. Anyone interested please PM me.

Edited by Byrgius

tzl1l.png

Did you make any progress on this since novembre? I'd love to see this map getting released.

No I haven't due to lack of time... My work and music production take most of my free time now, so there's no way I can make this project happen. That's why I'd like to find someone to make it happen.

tzl1l.png

Thankfully, Bikerdude and Fieldmedic are willing to help me out, that way this map may see the light of the day in the near future.

That was why I asked - I thought you three guys have already made that mission a perfect gem. :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager