The Dark Mod Forums

ModDB - Mod of the Year Awards 2013

STiFU

Since nbohr didn't create an appropriate thread, like he usually does, I am just gonna go ahead and do it! :)

The ModDB mod of the year awards votings for 2013 have started. Please vote for the dark mod here (preferably logged in) and post on your facebook accounts or other social media about it.

I am really anxcious to see how the awards will turn out this year, now that TDM has received so much publicity due to going stand-alone.

• Like 2

Just found out about this and voted!

May be a stupid question, but what place did TDM take in the past years?

We've made the top 100 cut every year, but not the top 10.

I don't think it broke down the place any more than that.

But last year we got the Editor's Choice award for "Best Community".

In our defense, a number of top-10 winners every year are more because their community is very big (Company of Heroes) or the game is a fad (zombies), but the mod itself isn't all that revolutionary and ours is better IMO. But that's how democracy works. We have to get the word out.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I think we've got a good chance. However, we need to add more historically accurate legions of battle-hardened naked amazon women to better compete. :P

(yes, I'm sure it's a very cool mod... I'm just being immature about it... :) I'm actually very interested in the Amazons as they are linked to the legend of Atlantis

per Herodotus. ...this should be in my wheel-house :unsure: ... meh B) )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Since nbohr didn't create an appropriate thread, like he usually does, I am just gonna go ahead and do it! :)

The ModDB mod of the year awards votings for 2013 have started. Please vote for the dark mod here (preferably logged in) and post on your facebook accounts or other social media about it.

I am really anxcious to see how the awards will turn out this year, now that TDM has received so much publicity due to going stand-alone.

Make sure to stress that people need to be logged in for the vote to count. If they're not logged into Moddb, then those votes are only used to break a tie.

If I'm logged in at this forum when I click STiFU's "here" link, is that sufficient?

That link will open moddb's site page for TDM. If you are a moddb member then just click the vote button, if not then sign-up and then click that vote button :)

Voted (with great pleasure) for TDM.

Well done, guys.

On top of that, my New Year's resolution will be to get off my backside and actually start making an FM. If I manage to stick to my resolution, you will be bombarded with questions.

Edited by MKG
  • Like 3

The process of "going standalone" was done while The Dark Mod was a Doom 3 mod. I presume that they would want to keep mods that

go standalone in the contest to reward and encourage this as going standalone drives a fair amount of buzz \ publicity and traffic...

Yep, I noticed that too. I definitely think that someone at Moddb believes we have a shot.

Anyone got any ideas for any other fan communities to go lurking in for votes.

Those Mount and Blade guys over at taleworld forums are the most positive group I've ever encountered.

It's great to see them show up elsewhere and defend TDM's combat system because it's about the same

as their own. Cool allies.