The Dark Mod Forums

DayZ Standalone released!

Xarg

I found this btw: http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-performance-guide

I used the command lines and a few select tweaks from that one for really good results performance wise. I was able to get my 120hz refresh rate too, in the .ini file.

Worth a look for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new challenger appears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lneZYriSbG4&app=desktop

H1Z1, SOE is taking a shot at the apocalypse survival thang, supposedly f2p, which almost guarantees microtransactions, getting a WarZ (sorry, I:SS) vibe there. Wonder if it'll be worth checking out? Giant map sounds good, microtransactions sounds awful.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

a f2p mmo dayz ripoff game horribly titled H1Z1?! Seriously. H1Z1. What the literal fuck.

its already obvious they're going for lowest common denominator demographic here, as is usually the case with f2p+micro, but that title.... good god, its worse than Thi4f, and we all know how that turned out.

"HIZI" :D

I didn't bother watch the whole video. The presenter had drunk too much coffee for my tastes.. ;)

Anyhow, best of luck with the game.

Me? I'm thinking maybe it would be time to invent some new genres. Them Zombie-games are omnipresent these days.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

"Yeah we can outdo anybody else out there." What a 'Murican attitude.

Or a European, African, Japanese, Canadian, Mexican, South American, Chinese, Indian, or Russian attitude.

If you're going to make broad sweeping generalizations, please include 'your kind' as well.

Or a European, African, Japanese, Canadian, Mexican, South American, Chinese, Indian, or Russian attitude.

If you're going to make broad sweeping generalizations, please include 'your kind' as well.

'Murican, not American. There's a distinction to be made. Very few Americans are 'Muricans, just like very few midnight hoodies are criminals.

Edited by Airship Ballet
  • Like 1

Getting a bit quiet, isn't it? I didn't read any new patch updates since over a month on my favourite pc gaming website. (I am not playing the game yet)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

New patch came out a few hours ago, sound like it needs a bit of tweaking, but I'm gonna be playing again in the next few days to see the new stuff.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187821-changelog-stable-branch-044123800/

Still waiting for persistent storage.

• 2 months later...

pjGdoLN.jpg

It's getting late.. Darkness is scary...

2qxaG1O.jpg

...Especially when the post-apocalyptic world is so twisted. Why are there a set of pliers on the bed? Oh, wait, I'd rather not know... The RNG is a sick fuck.

lMkH0rJ.jpg

...Gotta chop the firewood quick. It will be pitch black soon and I'm gonna be zombie-meat... No pressure...

bhPwltx.jpg

...I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day...

26OEnK2.jpg

Ahh, finally some warmth. Too bad I don't have any curtains. Evil axe murderers can see me miles away! Better check outside how bad it looks.

6rNWP9V.jpg

Crap! Burned the whole hotel down. Remember, kids, never leave a campfire unattended!

..Avoiding indoor fires is also a good idea.

• Like 2

Clipper

Server went down taking our gas bottle, cooking pot and most of our pork steaks.. but not deterred, we came back for more, and now I've got a shiny AKM and a magazine, with an SKS slung over my shoulder.. all the dakka.

How did you manage that, anyway? I'd checked just before and they were still raw. Zomboid style long cook, quick burn?

• 2 weeks later...

Our group encountered a cheater tonight. I've never met one before. We were moving through Berezino in an orderly manner, when suddenly I notice a clown-masked red-clothed person move through a field at a startling speed.

He disappeared between some buildings and we stopped and made a perimeter for defence. Nothing was heard or seen for a while.

Suddenly one of us gets killed and nobody saw the shooter. One of us sees someone moving and opens fire as the figure approached him. The cheater slide through him, prone, at around 40km/h and shot him in the back. I emptied my SKS onto the attacker but he vanished. Then he appeared and killed another of our group and again I was able to shoot him while he attacked, but no effect.

Finally he came for me and shot me down, but possibly did not notice that I just broke my legs. He disappeared and gunshots were heard in the distance. I crawled to a safe spot, applied a splint and logged off. I lived.

I really hope they do something about the cheaters. That was very unpleasant event and made my appetite for this game somewhat stale.

Clipper

They've fixed a few of the cheats recently, at least the one that let people steal items off your character, and possibly the instant kill cheat. Are you playing on stable or experimental build, Sotha?

• 4 weeks later...

a f2p mmo dayz ripoff game horribly titled H1Z1?! Seriously. H1Z1. What the literal fuck.

its already obvious they're going for lowest common denominator demographic here, as is usually the case with f2p+micro, but that title.... good god, its worse than Thi4f, and we all know how that turned out.

I guess you got it, but the name refers to the H1N1 "swine flu" virus. Still a horrible name, and by the looks of it, game.

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

https://soundcloud.com/paralytik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wha? The newest patch introduces cannibalism? Not only can you threaten, restraint, blind, rob, break legs, kill, but you can also mutilate and eat your fellow players.

I'm somewhat surprised it got implemented. Food is so plentiful this is just candy for trolls.

I wonder if the central economy will make food so scarce people will really need to eat each other to stay alive?

Are there still ways to violate others that need to be implemented?

Clipper

Well the V3S truck is in, so you can add vehicular homicide to that list. The last 1-2 patches also added barricading and horticulture, so I wouldn't be surprised if the current tinned food abundance we're used to is about to just dry up.

Tents were also released, so I imagine storage is going to be vastly easier now, I'm just hoping they get around to adding world storage like the fridge I saw in a video not long after the game came out, could make small towns viable cache locations without the glaring obviousness of a tent in a bush.

Edited by Xarg

Wha? The newest patch introduces cannibalism? Not only can you threaten, restraint, blind, rob, break legs, kill, but you can also mutilate and eat your fellow players.

Are there still ways to violate others that need to be implemented?

Now they just need to add sexual assault to the options and then the game will be banned before ever seeing the light of day.... I mean why go out in to the world when you can be beat up, hand-cuffed, force fed disinfectant, raped, and eaten from the comfort of your own home!

Maybe that's their aim. They got their alpha cash grab 30-40million so they implement cannibalism, get the game banned, and then never have to finish it saying, "we can't make the game we want to make ::sadface::". I know, its a paranoid assumption.