The Dark Mod Forums

Random Article of the Day...

lost_soul

https://www.webroot.com/blog/2011/09/13/mebromi-the-first-bios-rootkit-in-the-wild/

As someone whose scared of these, this is a fairly impressive bit of engineering. But the restrictive space that a BIOS image provides fortunately limits what an attacker can do, especially if the machine still has to appear to work and be fine in order to avoid raising suspicion of the end user, e.g. it would be hard to fit code in the BIOS to attack Windows and Linux, plus whatever file system you happen to be using. Of course they are going to go for the low-hanging fruit that is Ntfs and Windows with an attack like this!

That being said, I miss the days where there was an option in the BIOS to write-protect the flash chips. If the industry cared about security at all, then you wouldn't be able to flash any permanent firmware changes after the operating system is loaded. Ideally all BIOS flashing must be done within the pre-boot firmware environment presented by the motherboard.

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 1 month later...

https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/28/florida_law_social_media/

Hilariously pathetic, or pathetically hilarious? "You can't delete my posts, because I'm a politician! As an elected official, I should be allowed to spread whatever lies and cause whatever chaos I want to!"

At least they aren't even trying to hide who they work for anymore other than themselves; because the bill has explicit exceptions for Comcast and Disney baked right in.

• Like 1

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

Since long time ago inocent people are killed because "military errors", called with the euphemism "Colateral damage", often annoying periodists, which observe violations of human rights.

Real smart weapons are those that explode in the hands of their manufacturers

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

• 1 month later...

215828036_505147454041473_5943782381509268932_n.jpg

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

219843755_10159103330394519_8162044950479548255_n.jpg

• Haha 2

badge?user=andarson

Also human rights.

221332641_276645267559674_5704488090532613654_n.jpg

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

badge?user=andarson

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

12 hours ago, Anderson said:

Related

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/jul/18/what-is-pegasus-spyware-and-how-does-it-hack-phones?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

People never understand why it always gives me goose bumps when they use their mobile to make payments, banking, manage administrative and even medical things, having a huge amount of sensitive data on these devices. This spyware aside, they do not take into account that any mediocre hacker can access a smartphone in a matter of seconds, especially if it is used in a public WiFi.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'Me when I get an opportunity to talk about my cat'

• Haha 1

badge?user=andarson

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'When life is falling apart out you're totally used to it now.'

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

badge?user=andarson

No photo description available.

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'Yooooooooo Hitler has got zero chill, I can't believe he used Nazi secret technology to send people back in time so they could salute him hundreds years before he was born'

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

• 3 weeks later...

PAPERCRAFT MODELS

Construct the computer from your childhood or build an entire computer museum at home with these paper models, free to download and share.
Print, Cut, Score, Fold and Glue.

http://rockybergen.com/papercraft

May be an image of text that says 'SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM Windows 7 or newer Quad-co GB RAM Intel or AMD processor 2. GHz or faster If you can un paint, you should be good. Broadband Intemet connection 100 MB available space Any Needs Java nstalled (installation included in game build)'

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'NEW VIDEO GAMES REQUIREMENT OLD VIDEO GAMES REQUIREMENT 16G RAM 1T free space corei9-9900 9900 RTX 3080TI NASA COMPUTER made with mematic a pc'

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson