The Dark Mod Forums

Back after a LONG break what's new?

nobody

it has been years since I played or really payed attention to TDM, shame on me but real life is demanding, and I'd like to know a few things?

did the Dev team ever make the official mission series they were once considering doing? I can understand how a project like this sucks up the time but here's hoping.

of the missions we have which ones have the best story? What have I missed that was super fantastic?

thanks for all you guys have done with this, it is amazing that TDM is still alive and healthy.

Well the game is standalone now which is a pretty major thing. I don't know when you were here last but a lot of models/textures/sounds/etc have been updated.

The campaign is not finished but it's looking great and from what I hear they need more people to help with.

There have been plenty of excellent FMs released even since i've joined here such as Requiem, Lich Queens Demise, Lords and Legacy, Penny Dreadful and plenty of others, but those are the ones that come to mind first. And of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you have to check them out for yourself to see what tickles your fancy.

Overall though since I joined here (about a year ago) I have noticed that each new FM that comes out is increasing in quality and hopefully that momentum continues :)

Edited by Goldwell

Yup I have a nice clean install of the stand-alone and I agree that is a big thing.

Thanks for the names I think I have all those downloaded and will have to try them out.

Sadly I believe real life is going to keep me as nothing more than a player. Not enough time for more.

it has been years since I played or really payed attention to TDM, shame on me but real life is demanding, and I'd like to know a few things?

did the Dev team ever make the official mission series they were once considering doing? I can understand how a project like this sucks up the time but here's hoping.

of the missions we have which ones have the best story? What have I missed that was super fantastic?

thanks for all you guys have done with this, it is amazing that TDM is still alive and healthy.

Me too, I am kind of in the same boat. Did you come back to The Dark Mod again, because of all the Thief 4 hype? Have you got to play a few of the missions yourself?

I just find it amazing that it feels stable, compared to the beta version I've played 2+ years ago, and practically feels almost like a triple A title game!

Not designed as a campaign per se, Sotha's series has a recommended order (Lich Queen's Demise last):

Mandrasola

The Knighton Manor

The Beleaguered Fence

The Glenham Tower

The Transaction

The Phrase Book

The Lich Queen's Demise

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

And I'm currently building a story about William Steele, planned to be 8 missions.

Those start with WS1: In the North, which is already released.

I'm almost ready to release the next two missions:

WS2: Home Again

WS3: Cleighmoor

I can't wait for those to come out of beta!!