The Dark Mod Forums

Training mission.pk4 file missing

rascal56k

I downloaded ver 2.00 of TDM and want to do the training mission, but it doesn't open to the "training rooms". Instead it starts something with an Archbishop and water treatment plant. I'm not learning the system and getting killed a lot. Where do I get the training mission.pk4 file (with the rooms)?

(After some responses)

St Lucia was being loaded. I removed all pk4 files from the directory, but left the training mission.pk4 file as my final test and still got the St. Lucia mission. The only diff between the two files was in the introductory screens and the file sizes. I need to have the correct training mission.pk4 file as it appears it didn't download as it should have. Anyone know where I can snag it?

I downloaded ver 2.00 of TDM and want to do the training mission, but it doesn't open to the "training rooms". Instead it starts something with an Archbishop and water treatment plant.

You still have the mission "NHAT - no honour among thieves" installed, you need to uninstall that then select the training mission etc.

You still have the mission "NHAT - no honour among thieves" installed, you need to uninstall that then select the training mission etc.

What I have in the fms folder are the saintlucia folder and the training_mission folder that came with the download. I do have a file called nhat2.pk4 in the main Dark Mod folder (along with a bunch of other pk4 files). I assume that they are for the main game. When I have no missions installed in the game and only the training_mission.pk4 folder/file under the main folder, the "training mission" is all that appears in the "to be played" area on the right. Selecting and installing it opens with a bluish clock wallpaper and a progression of files(?) from 20201 trhru 20222. When that completes the Saint Lucia mission appears to load.

Run your tdm_update.exe again; it should download the training mission for you.

In my install, there are no ".pk4"s in the main folder that don't start with "tdm_". So having a nhat2.pk4 in the main folder sounds odd.

I'd uninstall the current mission from within TDM and quit it.

I'd remove any file from the main folder that isn't a "tdm_"*".pk4", don't put them in a subfolder, but put them in a completely separate folder. I'd then remove everything from the FMs folder. When you run TDM, download the training mission only and play it. Should work as expected then.

After that, if you want to put the mission pk4s back, I'd put them in the fms folder, or alternatively never put them back and simply download them fresh from the in game downloader/installer.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Did you delete the training pk4 first? If the only thing listed in the New Missions screen is the Training Mission, but you're getting St. Lucia, then something is quite wrong with your installation. I'd delete the entire fms folder and run tdm_update again.

In my install, there are no ".pk4"s in the main folder that don't start with "tdm_". So having a nhat2.pk4 in the main folder sounds odd. I'd uninstall the current mission from within TDM and quit it. I'd remove any file from the main folder that isn't a "tdm_"*".pk4", don't put them in a subfolder, but put them in a completely separate folder. I'd then remove everything from the FMs folder. When you run TDM, download the training mission only and play it. Should work as expected then. After that, if you want to put the mission pk4s back, I'd put them in the fms folder, or alternatively never put them back and simply download them fresh from the in game downloader/installer.

The non-tdm*.pk4 files appear to be mission files since they show as such in the game when I moved them into the fms folder. I removed everything from the fms folder and ran tdm_update. It downloaded st lucia and training. Unfortunately the training mission STILL opens the stlucia mission with the blue clockface as described in a previous post. I then tried an update with the non-tdm*.pk4 files (which total about 22 files) removed from the main tdm folder. The updater said I needed 64 files totaling 2.25 Gb. I put the files back and queried an update again with the result that I'm back to needing 2 files - stlucia and training mission.

Finally success. While 'splainin' the above, I tried an update with only stlucia in the fms folder. The mirror (unfortunately I don't remember which one - and it might be irrelevant anyway) for that download was different than those from previous updates. The training mission downloaded and it is working properly. Thank You Bikerdude, Springheel and RJFerret for your help. Now I'm off to have some fun.

• Like 1