The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Campaign

vvGarrettvv

Ah yes that would be the Crucible of Omens

Check it out here http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/13725-crucible-of-omens-forum-news-feed/page__hl__crucible__fromsearch__1

It is not finished yet and they are looking for people to help so I guess offer up your help in that thread :)

• Like 1

And the rest of the missions have had an extensive amount of work done on them, but aren't as close to release as mission one.

The group decided to release mission one when it was ready, instead of waiting until all missions were complete, which is going to take more time.

• Like 2

OK.

Thanks for the answers.

So the plot for the campaign has been finished or will it be created after you got a bunch of

high quality single missions and put together with some drawed or animated cutscenes?

@Goldwell:

Ok. I will offer my help in the other thread :D

So the plot for the campaign has been finished or will it be created after you got a bunch of

high quality single missions and put together with some drawed or animated cutscenes?

The plot is finished.

The goal has always been that the missions are part of a single campaign, connected by cutscenes.

And here I was under the impression that you guys were just short on beta testers and that's why the campaign has been stalled...

Sorry, couldn't resist... :P

I understand the need to continuity among images, and I've also seen references in number of people who contributed to T2X. Would it not be a bad idea to gather art from as many sources as possible to speed things along? I may be taking a shot in the dark but I highly doubt the 60 people on the T2X team really contributed proportionately to the project. ;) Just observations...

I also get a vibe of ultra perfectionism oozing out the campaign's main dev's. While this is not bad perse, as I'm guilty of the same perfectionist attitude, I've noticed over the years that some of those quirks that aren't exactly as I envision it in my head will never really make it to the current project I'm working on. Just my two cents, and it's helped me complete works with greater ease being able to balance a bit of reality with my intended delusions of grandeur.

It's really great the campaign has a manager now, as to that seems to make things get done, regardless of how the artists will wimper and cry away in a dark corner that it didn't come out exactly like they wanted, with time restrictions and deadlines.

I'd make the argument that LGS was in the same boat when they shipped TDS. However, I'm well aware that this is a labor of love and noone is paying bills with it, which is, of course a major fundamental difference between this project and any financed project.

I don't think it's so much perfectionism. It just honestly takes a long time & a lot of work, months & months, to make a big mission. And that's just for 1. Then multiply that by multiple missions and you see the issue. But it's worth it. I'm always rooting for these guys.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.