The Dark Mod Forums

TDM runs

MasterHelpo

Hey AirshipBallet and/or MasterHelpo,

If you ever get around to doing a playthrough of Requiem, do you mind dropping a message on the FM's thread? Marianne Lihannah, who contributed a song to the mission, emailed me & wanted to know how it sounds in-game and in Fen's LP of the mission he's talking over it with the volume down. Thanks!

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

I do plan on getting through all available missions eventually, though, I wanted to start sifting through them in alphabetical order so it might be a while until I get to it, I'll surely play around with it in the mean time though.

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

4 - The guard, reacting to the priest's cry for help, stops where he is and is probably looking around, though not searching, because he didn't raise his hammer. The alert he received from the priest's bark isn't enough to send him into a searching state.

Hold up a sec. The priest's bark is a "yell" in propagation terms. Shoudn't that be loud enough to alert a guard that's in the same hallway, regardless of whether he sees the priest or not? Death cries and combat barks are the same volume as flee barks, and at that distance I would expect them all to put the guard on at least a level 3 alert.

Did I miss something? How come the guards were so pathetic in A Score to Settle? Many times, they saw you but they put up almost no fight at all! Not but a couple of them even bothered to chase you, and that guard at the table kept going between "ranged-attack mode" and "melee attack mode".

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I noticed that too...the AI's just stand there and act as if they can't reach you. I don't know why. Hopefully it's just a local glitch, as I haven't seen that in other Score to Settle plays.

I watched half of the Score to Settle run, and it seemed to me that AI Vision was on its lowest setting. Being able to stand in an AI's LOS with a bright lightgem for more than a few seconds w/o being seen is characteristic of a low setting.

As for the cardplayer who can't make up his mind, it looks like he was caught on some type of cusp, trying to decide whether to come after you or throw something at you. It might have something to do with the AAS areas around the table & chairs, and whether the player was in an area where the guy could reach you or not.

What I do see is a potential enhancement request that when a fleeing AI bumps into someone who can help him, it triggers the warning or request for help code, even if they don't see each other.

I don't know about the AI structure and if there's a difference with fleeing or the normal patrol route. I say this because if that feature were implemented I'd hope it would be as you described and pertain to solely fleeing/alerted enemies. I see guards bump into each other constantly and for them to go on alert because of that would drive me nuts.

It sounds reasonable to me. If 2 friendly AI bump each other it's reasonable to think communication is guaranteed.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Just got done with "The Alchemist":

I found this one to be a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but managed to trudge through it eventually.

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

I found this one to be a bit of a pain in the ass at first

First time I played it (goodness - must've been about two years ago) I got really fed up with it and gave up halfway through. Gave it another try a few months ago and for some reason, it all fell into place and I had a blast. (I especially enjoyed

luring the undead out into the front garden and getting them into fights with the guards.)

Looking forward to seeing how you fared. :smile:

Also wanted to point out that stutter stepping doesn't work in TDM, you always make a foot fall.

Really?

For some reason when I do that I have to hold down the creep button otherwise I get spotted, seems like the creep option doesn't work all that efficiently for me...

In the thief games you got a foot fall a split second after starting to crouch walk, in TDM the foot fall comes immediately. Don't worry about doing that, it's not necessary, just crouch walk in the room. Here's an example of just how well you can crouch walk past guards, I'm even on the metal grate:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

This is a short one. Again the issue where I don't hold down the creep button and edge forward alerts guards, can't think of why...

Are your options set to Always Run?

You can stand walk past guards, or crouch walk past guards. Crouch running past guards will alert them in most cases. Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eWR-b9gAEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lWT3sFh_U

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

You're quite welcome. I also didn't expect the undead guys to come running at me like that, but it was my mistake for overshooting the arrow; I could have cut down the time a lot by not alerting anything and having to wait, but it came out okay I suppose.

Edited by MasterHelpo

Amazing - it takes me hours to complete a mission.

Unlocking a door can take me 5 minutes!