The Dark Mod Forums

TDM runs

MasterHelpo

Here is the requested run of Accountant 1: A Noble Home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI3SWkU7hPg

Hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by MasterHelpo
  • Like 1

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

Well that was quick.

Tis the goal I suppose!

Thank you for doing this one. I got as far as the darkness and the screaming, and I'm happy not to have to play the rest of it through now.

No worries, when it got to the ridiculous screaming I almost thought it was a terrible joke, or maybe it is. Not sure...

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished "Lockdown Part 1", here:

Not entirely pleased with the way I ended up playing, I s'pose the objectives combined with my timekeeping threw things off balance...

Thanks for doing these! Not only are they fun to watch, but they've been very helpful when I can't figure out what to do :D

Most welcome, stay tuned for more!

Speaking of which, here is my re-run of Alberic's Curse (done in 6 mins 25 secs):

I'll be putting up a video of "Lord Dufford's" in the next day or so.

• 1 month later...

Yes I'm still alive. Just a lil update, I sort of burnt out on TDM after one or two certain missions, I hope to return to monkeying around soon, maybe this week? Idk...

• Like 1

I've gotta go back and watch your runs.

If I recall correctly, I saw that you were trying to find ways to act as an aggressor in one of your videos

which is understandable for someone who might be unfamiliar with The Dark Mod's origin's as a hard-core

"ghosting biased" stealth fan community. I'll bet tons of new players who never played Thief 1 or never "ghosted" a Thief mission,

tried to play the same way.

That said, the appeal of Let's Play videos over at TTLG was always to see what someone outside the community would do when

posed with the puzzle of a Thief mission. So your work seems to be in that popular vein of exposition. We love hearing what

new players do to solve missions (or fail to solve them). The only thing I would suggest is that you consider editing repetitive actions

(such as going back and forth between the same rooms a few times) to give the videos a little more sense of momentum.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

While I have been playing on and off for some time, I am looking to improve on the way I tackle missions which will hopefully address the problem of returning to the same areas. I think I need to start planning more fluid strategies on how to collect items/complete objectives and then escape. Although, I do try to add a bit of humor here and there to keep things from getting robotic, then again, I'm not sure how other people receive that kind of behavior...

Edited by MasterHelpo