The Dark Mod Forums

Xendrox's Models

XendroX

I don't sure that I clearly understand what do you mean...

By geometry I think it looks like Great bed of Ware..

About appearance - in original version it has more carving details, but to made them well visible, there must be 3-4 texture 1024x1024 size.. Smaller images will not show all beauty.

Make it like my models - add gold details and change gamma? That's what you mean, because Great Bed of Ware hasn't metal parts..

P.S. And I don't know what is valence, and dictionary doesn't help %)

Edited by XendroX

• By geometry I think it looks like Great bed of Ware..
  • About appearance - in original version it has more carving details, but to made them well visible, there must be 3-4 texture 1024x1024 size.. Smaller images will not show all beauty.
  • Make it like my models - add gold details and change gamma? That's what you mean, because Great Bed of Ware hasn't metal parts..
  • P.S. And I don't know what is valence, and dictionary doesn't help %)

• Yes, I got it close as I could to the original. The issue is you can tell the model was made in Darkradiant, if you could clean it up and get rid of all the sharp edges that are not present on the GBoW that would be great.
  • yes, the GBoW has darker wood which matches some of the models you made. So if we could find better & darker textures as in a skin that would be great also.
  • No, but it wouldnt hurt to make a skin that that would match all your other models?
  • Its the bit of material that covers the curtain rail - info

I want make from them clothes for wardrobe and don't want to make new models for this..

Springheel can probably help you with this as he does most of the work on the Ai, and awesome btw we have been in need to wadrobe clothes for ages.

Like I see it's not changed... Can anyone share with me characters models in non-md5 format, obj preferred? I want make from them clothes for wardrobe and don't want to make new models for this..

I'm not sure the models would be very useful for that. You'd probably be faster just building some simple models from scratch and using the textures from the AI.

I have .lwo versions, but they're not optomised for making clothes out of. If I export them as .obj I'm pretty sure they lose their uvmap.

Is it possible that the normal map of your wall texture is inverted? You can see it by looking at the wall on the left side in the picture above my post. It seems like the shadows are turned to the light source which means you should try out to change the colors of your wall texture normal map.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

What do you think is it possible to add af to this dresses? I want make them able to slide by pipe left-right, but if they left still it will look badly, then if they become ragdoll... This option can make possible to hide some switches on back of wardrobe and this'll be cool, I think..

Have anyone experience about converting lwo to md5mesh with rigged skeleton attached to?

I made a little testroom in fm format. Now you can test all I done, if you want, and say to me what I have done wrong and what is needed to redone.

I add handles to wardrobe and commode, leave table and dresser without. Tell me what you think: add handles to all furniture or this is necessary?

Waiting for your comments, negative are as good as positive %)

https://www.dropbox....n0/TestRoom.rar

Edited by XendroX

Else on, I have found such pictures of Stanislav Krupp, in neogothic style, like them very much and wrote to him about including them to game. Today he answered to me that he doesn't mind %)

052.__KOROL_JASHCHERIC._org.m._91kh97._2001.jpg

134._LEDI_DZHEIN____Portret_Evgenii_S._EKB__org_m.100kh70._2000.jpg

068._VALKIRIJA__kh.m._80kh100._2002.jpg

1290359036_09.jpg

90048090_large_3166706_343222.jpg

Maybe with some changes from blue to red they'll be perfectly fit entires

I made a little testroom in fm format. Now you can test all I done, if you want, and say to me what I have done wrong and what is needed to redone.

Fantastic! That's my first comment. ;-)

The hanging outfits look great to me, something I've wanted so much in the past. Might we have a matching empty clothes hanger to work with too please?

I did notice folded blouses next to the sleeping gal had some z-fighting polygons as I moved around them. (This wasn't as apparent on the ones in the shelves, more looking down on them.)

I add handles to wardrobe and commode, leave table and dresser without. Tell me what you think: add handles to all furniture or this is necessary?

Perhaps provide a separate handle which mappers could place if they desired? Or use elsewhere? If the drawers won't open, then lack of handles is fine in my opinion. I can't say I ran around the space and missed them.

PS: While you are about the hanging clothing, perhaps a cloak or coat to hang on our existing coat hanger too? The poor thing is typically naked, at most with a hat hanging precariously on it.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

For folded blouses I forget to test them with noselfshadow, I think this should fix problem with Z-fighting..

Ok I'll look for existing coat hanger.. And are there existing cloaks and coats or I should make my own?

I have saved empty clothes hanger, but forget to put it in %)

Good to see, that you like my stuff %)