The Dark Mod Forums

Hey, anybody want a model?

janiashvili

Playboy model? Well you said anything! ;-)

More realistically, although basic, twice now I've wanted a coil of rope hanging like on a peg or perhaps in our ropeless wellhouse. We have two other coils of rope, but they are circular as if laying on the ground, not oval as if drawn out by gravity.

(I like your "spider" bot, even if it's missing a couple legs. ;p Would compliment our Steambot if someone could animate it, and it had more machinery steam-work details added to it. Could perhaps react to nearby movement instead of sound like our existing Steambot.)

Welcome to our community! :-)

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Playboy model? Well you said anything! ;-)

More realistically, although basic, twice now I've wanted a coil of rope hanging like on a peg or perhaps in our ropeless wellhouse. We have two other coils of rope, but they are circular as if laying on the ground, not oval as if drawn out by gravity.

(I like your "spider" bot, even if it's missing a couple legs. ;p Would compliment our Steambot if someone could animate it, and it had more machinery steam-work details added to it. Could perhaps react to nearby movement instead of sound like our existing Steambot.)

Welcome to our community! :-)

What "your" and "your" you are talking about?..

Well.. Can you give me those 2 ropes? (and textures, I'll reuse them)

Do you have TDM installed/available? Looking at them in the editor, it lists them as, models/darkmod/misc/rope_coil.lwo and models/darkmod/misc/rope_coil01.lwo

That's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid. I don't know how models and their textures are stored, a quick look in the two models.pk4s didn't reveal them to me. We'll need someone experienced/more knowledgeable of such.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

Do you have TDM installed/available? Looking at them in the editor, it lists them as, models/darkmod/misc/rope_coil.lwo and models/darkmod/misc/rope_coil01.lwo

That's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid. I don't know how models and their textures are stored, a quick look in the two models.pk4s didn't reveal them to me. We'll need someone experienced/more knowledgeable of such.

:huh: Have no idea how to check.. I mean - have no editor installer and no idea about it.. :huh:

And also no idea at the moment how to extract for TDM models...

• 4 months later...

Here's a random sample of models I'd love to have but haven't had time to work on:

1. broken crates/barrels

2. a public fountain you'd find in a city square

3 An arabic-style helmet

post-9-0-35666500-1402951085_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-42917300-1402951211.jpg

post-9-0-91624600-1402951445_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Those are good ideas! Generally, more broken stuff would be awesome.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

We have a couple barrel textures already, and lots of stone textures. Not much in the way of twisted cloth though.

Springheel says:

2. a public fountain you'd find in a city square

I would like this. I have a fountain in my map, but no water? I would like to see running water in general. Or is this more of a particle effect than a model?

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

Neither, it's more a texture, see http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Swimmable_Water

Many fountains and waterfalls in maps also have particles to enhance the water effect (sewer drips too).

(also, if you can, original barrel and crate model too, as to retain original look)

The older looking barrel is barrel_med.lwo, (in tdm_models01.pk4) and it uses the texture barrell_large_d.dds and models/darkmod/props/textures/barrell_large_end (in tdm_models02.pk4).

The older looking barrel is barrel_med.lwo, (in tdm_models01.pk4) and it uses the texture barrell_large_d.dds and models/darkmod/props/textures/barrell_large_end (in tdm_models02.pk4).

To say truth, I have no idea how to open them...

Had quick look into wiki, but found nothing interesting to me

Basically, I've finished modeling of an Arabic helmet(which looks a bit differently :D), but how to export is a bit unclear to me..

Edited by janiashvili

To say truth, I have no idea how to open them...

They're just renamed .zip files.

Basically, I've finished modeling of an Arabic helmet(which looks a bit differently :D), but how to export is a bit unclear to me..

Cool! What program are you using? .lwo or .obj would be preferable.