The Dark Mod Forums

Hey, anybody want a model?

janiashvili

They're just renamed .zip files.

Cool! What program are you using? .lwo or .obj would be preferable.

I'm not sure about how collision model should be named, or does engine support colored specular? Or, should I be uploading them here or?.. And so on.

https://dl.dropboxus.../ArabHelmet.zip

I'm using Max and can't seem to import those models :| (And, weirdly you've got textures, few textures per model?.. With no specular?..)

some textures are lot more realistic, some are just cartoonish.. Some models (boxes as I recall) have no smoothing groups in-game.. Just, so greatly done game with random bugs like those..

Edited by janiashvili
  • Like 2

I'm not sure about how collision model should be named, or does engine support colored specular? Or, should I be uploading them here or?.. And so on.

The engine does support coloured speculars. You can upload them here and I'll do what's necessary to get them into game. I'll post a screenshot when I put the helmet in game, thanks.

Here's how the helmet looks in game atm. It's a good-looking model, thanks! It will come in very handy. I think I'll probably adjust the colour of the fabric though so it doesn't blend in with the metal so much.

One small crit--the texture looks so perfectly smooth that it's almost artificial. More distress (scratches, discolour, etc) on the metal portions would be a good idea in the future.

post-9-0-41135300-1404505441_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You can find the barrel.obj here.

I don't know if the export process preserved the uvmap though.

That's a good-looking helmet! With a few scratches and simple yet subtle imperfections, it will be excellent - particularly for the newly added Moors!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Hey, also, do you have original wooden texture used in barrel? (without metal parts)

No, I don't have access to that.

In addition, I've made a new 'book row' model using the next texture, that just fits two to a row (image 3) so mappers can fill up shelves on their own if they wish.

There are 3 different crate models and 4 different textures shared by all of them. Which specifically were you interested in?

No, I don't have access to that.

There are 3 different crate models and 4 different textures shared by all of them. Which specifically were you interested in?

All and every (I'm just using those textures, not creating new ones(at least didn't create for barrels))

Barrels, I've made some gibs for mappers to place wherever they wish, why TDM doesn't support gibs system?..

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1cw38y

Well, tell me what you think

Well, I fixed what wasn't broken, but I always felt it needed a bit of improvement(edited normal and created specular maps for crates):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m9kb1t

And about this too

I'll make gibs and few broken model for crates soon. (actually, waiting for someone to upload .obj of them..)

Edited by janiashvili
  • Like 1

Sorry, converting things to/from .obj is a bit of a hassle as I have to bounce between two different computers. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Converting from/to what?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

From .obj to .lwo or vice versa. My main version of LW won't do it for some reason, so I have to use an old laptop with a different install to do it,

Checked out the broken barrels, and they look great! Thanks for all the variety too! This fills a gap in our assets that has been around for far too long. :)

post-9-0-48020800-1405020357_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That's good indeed! Wish I had those in my earlier missions. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

These barrels added in with the normal barrels like Bikerdude did with PD2 change the whole atmosphere of the rooms/halls/alleys they're in. More old, dilapidated, aged, patina, etc. Really excellent stuff. Rubble and broken stuff add so much to an environment like TDM.

Great work here Springheel. Love it!