The Dark Mod Forums

Hey, anybody want a model?

janiashvili

I'm taking vacation for couple weeks, and later on I'm thinking to create what TDM lacked so so much - trash. (models of piles of pebbles, stones, dirtiness, bricks, some real trash, etc. To give you an example - it was heavily used (for it's clear advantage) in Dishonored), also I'm thinking on creating random decals(TDM really lacks it too).

For that time, I'd be really glad if you (or somebody here) provides me obj files of all usable models from Dark Mod (like bottles, chairs, crates, etc, etc)

• Like 2

I'm taking vacation for couple weeks, and later on I'm thinking to create what TDM lacked so so much - trash. (models of piles of pebbles, stones, dirtiness, bricks, some real trash, etc. To give you an example - it was heavily used (for it's clear advantage) in Dishonored), also I'm thinking on creating random decals(TDM really lacks it too).

Yes, that would be great. It is an area that is seriously lacking and seriously needed.

me obj files of all usable models from Dark Mod

That's a lot of models....

Yes, that would be great. It is an area that is seriously lacking and seriously needed.

That's a lot of models....

(It shouldn't take more than couple hours I believe.. Anyway, couple weeks it should be enough for convertation..)

Well, and how do you get locations of each file's textures? I mean, you have them listed somewhere?

Edited by janiashvili

Models list a material shader (or more than one) as their surface. That material shader is then found in one of the .mtr files in the mod. Material shaders look like this:

tdm_door_handle_iron

{

noshadows

noselfshadow

metal

qer_editorimage models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron_ed

diffusemap models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron

bumpmap models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron_local

specularmap models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron_s

{

if ( parm11 > 0 )

blend gl_dst_color, gl_one

map _white

rgb 0.40 * parm11

}

{

if ( parm11 > 0 )

blend add

map models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron

rgb 0.15 * parm11

}

// TDM Ambient Method Related

{

if (global5 == 1)

blend add

map models/darkmod/props/textures/door_handle_iron

scale 1, 1

red global2

green global3

blue global4

}

}

• 4 weeks later...

Eh..?

On the decals, they are extremely impressive. I assume we can add these to the core mod? I have already got a use for these in my update of Alberics curse.

I asked springheel to export TDM's models usable as decals and trash into .obj or any other format from .lwo, but one month has passed and no result yet.

On decals - those few and couple others which I didn't finish threw depression onto me(took too long time each to finish), and I've got some serious health issues because of it (funny, but true), so... To say truth, your words were bit of remedy, cheers!..

• I asked springheel to export TDM's models usable as decals and trash into .obj or any other format from .lwo, but one month has passed and no result yet.
  • On decals - those few and couple others which I didn't finish threw depression onto me(took too long time each to finish), and I've got some serious health issues because of it (funny, but true), so... To say truth, your words were bit of remedy, cheers!..

• Spring is probably upto his eys in TDM and RL stuff, Im sure he will get back to you at some point.
  • And sorry to hear that, so I will make a little packs of your textures as well as add them to the core mod.

I'm so busy with my own projects and model requests that I haven't even had time to actually play new missions this summer. Converting models formats is, as I mentioned before, somewhat inconvenient for me, so if you give me a list of which specific models you want converted, I'll see what I can do. Is there no one else out there who can convert .lwo models to .obj?

It's not the version, since the same copy works on my old XP laptop. But for some reason some of the plugins don't play nice with Win7.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, can you guys at TDM add me in Team list (as contributor or whatever suits me), I'm applying some job and that would really help me..

I'll continue contributing after regaining my health(in about one month I guess..).

Thanks a lot, really appreciate every member of TDM and contributor, you've done some really hard and lovable work

Here's how the helmet looks in game atm. It's a good-looking model, thanks! It will come in very handy. I think I'll probably adjust the colour of the fabric though so it doesn't blend in with the metal so much.

One small crit--the texture looks so perfectly smooth that it's almost artificial. More distress (scratches, discolour, etc) on the metal portions would be a good idea in the future.

If it's not fixed already I could do some photoshop work on that (I guess the metal part is on top and the fabric is the ring at the bottom?) Just tell me where to get the texture for it and where the model is in the DR folder structure in order to post an ingame screenie

As for the lightwave I have the trial version and it's as simple as import obj/export lwo and vice versa. Last I checked Blender can do it too and it also can import/manipulate md5mesh if you want to work on AI's. I just hope it supports motionbuilder or iclone animations too. I haven't tested it if everything converts fine and I won't for the next month or so but if it has no problems it might become my favourite conversion tool (imagine that... A game engine used as a simple file conversion tool :D), unless we get DR/TDM support of obj files

Edited by Atheran

Sometimes I want to scream

So long that life escapes

And then I'd shut my eyes

I'd be the angel of disgrace

• 1 month later...

Some nice middle class medieval doors would be nice. Not as nice as mansion doors, but nicer than peasants doors.

We have heaps of doors, but not many nice dark interior doors, and only two really nice front doors.

Oh, also a chandelier chain would also be nice. I can make it out of patches, but models look nicer and

usually have fixtures such as a shackle that attatches at ceiling, and at the chandelier.

Edited by Venus

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 3 months later...

Environment stuff is always good stuff :)

You could also try to use skins for the models so that people have some variation and you self yourself some work recreating everything in different styles ;)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager