The Dark Mod Forums

Ultimate THIEF Modding Contest

someTaff

...maybe it's a nice gesture to at least do something for those of us who play or make fan missions - even if it's a small thing that isn't an editor.

This is a good idea. Why not PM Freyja with this proposition.

Can we have a "TDM Engine Improvement" contest sponsored by AMD too?

I will reserve my skepticism until I see further details about this either way.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

It still reads as a back stab to shut down TDM permantly, you can't make a TDM featuring anything from the thief francise its against the thief francise terms of copyright, and TDM terms of use.

There is nothing to worry about and there is no back stab to shut us down at ALL. We would hardly be involved in any process where there was a danger to the Mod. There is a contest and everyone will be brought up to speed once everything is clear.

I think she just wasn't paying attention when she replied, because what she said makes absolutely no sense at all.

Hard to believe after yesterday, that this entire day went by and EM still haven't officially announced anything. Must be a lot of t crossing and i dotting going on.

Edited by brethren

It seems like they're already on it with the mod contest.

Yeah. I was a bit ahead of myself and thinking of lots of other possibilities.

Yes folks, the contest is legitimate. We're very happy to be part of an effort to recognize the creativity and passion of the Thief community. The announcement caught us a bit off guard and there were still details to sort out, but those issues should be finalized tomorrow. At that point I'll explain how The Dark Mod fits into all this.

Sorry to be so cryptic until now.

• Like 3

It seems that using thief IP in TDM is only legit in the scope of the contest, which means that TDM missions featuring thief IP must still not be hosted by the team. At least that's what I got out of it until now. So don't get your hopes up too high, ungoliant.

• Like 1

Where do you get that from? There hasn't really been any kind of official announcement or details released for the contest yet.

STiFU is team darkmod. he would probably know. and if that is the case, i could give fuck-all about the contest. just looks like "TDM is hardcore, and they support Thi4f, so you should buy it". garbage.

Edited by ungoliant
  • Like 1

Unless I interpreted it wrong, you're able to submit a video of previous works. A 5 minute video of something like In Remembrance Of Him could be great to submit, if the author felt like it.

• Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• 1 month later...