The Dark Mod Forums

Square Enix and Amazon.com announce Thief Mod Contest

Springheel

This whole thing looks like a false flag operation. They want to show new players that nothing of value comes from the modding community

therefore why bother adding mod support... That's my take...

But of course...those who are not true of heart should not be supported, as this works against the values that this community stands for.

They have chosen to make a mockery of Thief Universe, and have rejected the core design philosophy which we embrace and diligently expand upon...They seek to displace and end what we want for the future.

Is it any wonder to see these laughable results?...I think not.

How is that not on the list yet the others are? *scratches head*

• Like 2

Well to be fair I did submit that just a few days prior to the deadline, and I think the finalists you see on the Amazon page were already up there by then. The Requiem one was submitted pretty early on though...

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

All of them advertise something Squenix owns rights to and/or sells in their store.

Sadly, this is true. What they've chosen is really not representative of what this contest was supposed to be about...community building. Aside from the HD texture Mod and the Water Mod...this does very little to unite the community.

They're French Canadian though, I mean what else would you expect?

I don't know if facts matter in this thread, but Eidos Montreal is not involved in the contest at all. Square Enix's NA offices are in Los Angeles. I don't know where Amazon is located.

I don't know if facts matter in this thread, but Eidos Montreal is not involved in the contest at all. Square Enix's NA offices are in Los Angeles. I don't know where Amazon is located.

Amazon's headquarters are based in Seattle Washington according to Wikipedia.

Lol, just watching that video now I was thinking the same thing.

Re: LA & Seattle, American west coast has its share of lunacy.

I insisted fett post the T2X trailer, which is made just to show off all the mods they had ... weapons, AI, objects, etc. It was awesome IMO, and I'd have thought that'd be recognized. Maybe they didn't think it had permission from all the creators (one of their rules).

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I insisted fett post the T2X trailer, which is made just to show off all the mods they had ... weapons, AI, objects, etc. It was awesome IMO, and I'd have thought that'd be recognized. Maybe they didn't think it had permission from all the creators (one of their rules).

I think part of it might have to do with whoever was judging the entries not really having a good understanding modding or the community. This contest should have truly displayed some of the greatest achievements of the community over the years. We should ask Square if the community can see all the entries.

Open TDM forums, 31 notifications...

So wait are those 5 videos the finalists?

The Tomb Raider one... oh my god.

Not sure about "water mods" but I believe the HD texture mod one is Bentraxx's. He legitimately put a lot of work into that. From what I've seen of his updates on ModDB I wouldn't be surprised if the "water mods" belonged to him too. I like how none of these submissions are maps, and how this selection fell so far below my expectations.

Yeah I'm in shock. This is just hilarious.

I did actually submit that trailer and another for Requiem to the contest, but looks like they weren't chosen. Thanks for linking Shadowcursed though :-), interestingly enough I just spoke to a book reviewer who got really excited about playing TDM after finding out I made a level to go along with the book, so hopefully there's a little bit of advertising going both ways with that :P

• Like 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com