The Dark Mod Forums

Square Enix and Amazon.com announce Thief Mod Contest

Springheel

@New Horizon, +1 on that.

Maybe these are the only submissions they've had so far or maybe just the ones they've processed?

Either way, Moonbo and PeterC have the lock on the competition at least so far. I think if I hadn't played Moonbo's mission already, the business about the Ancient Evil and all that would sway my vote towards it over the waste treatment plant key retreive.

the link to amazon just takes me to the front page, so voting must be finished, if I login it takes me to the european version of amazon. anyway looks like the tomb raider crossover mod was winning, right near the end when the page got pulled.

the link to amazon just takes me to the front page, so voting must be finished, if I login it takes me to the european version of amazon. anyway looks like the tomb raider crossover mod was winning, right near the end when the page got pulled.

8g1pZ.png

Link's working fine for me

Edited by Airship Ballet

You have to log in and then click the link. At least that's what I had to do.

Actually after logging in it dumps you to a standard store page, then I had to open another tab and search for "amazon thief contest" and then clicked the top google link which while logged in takes you to the page.

+1 vote for Gelo!

Its pretty funny still, the Joachim S "mod" video, the way its presented, using nuThief, etc... it is the most likely candidate for DLC, that's probably why its winning. More money for Eidos.

Edited by Lux

Because Eidos is controlling the votes?

I watched that video and thought it was an interesting mission idea, and very well presented. I actually liked the "floating corpse" one better, but I don't think we have to look for conspiracy theories to explain why it's doing well. ^_^

• Like 1

There are two categories. One is for concepts, and the other is for completed mods. Joachim's concept (which I don't think is lame at all) isn't in direct competition with Moonbo.

It's also not at all clear that the community votes have anything to do with who actually wins.

• There are two categories. One is for concepts, and the other is for completed mods. Joachim's concept (which I don't think is lame at all) isn't in direct competition with Moonbo.
  • It's also not at all clear that the community votes have anything to do with who actually wins.

Ah I didnt realise there were two catagories, that being the case why were both listed on the same voting page..?

If they're kept in separate categories, already-made FMs and FM-ideas, then I'd want Peter C's (floating corpse) and Moonbo's to win each category. I voted for Moonbo's of course. :)

I noticed the stylized slide-show presentation (that Peter C & Joachem used) was a bit better for explaining a story in this format over cut gameplay footage. But I already know what went into Moonbo's FM since I played it of course, and it should be apparent that an FM that actually gets made is in a different category than just an FM pitch. Also Requiem is a more ambitious FM design than the others, which I think came out in the presentation too. But anyway, I hope they keep the separate category plan, even though they don't seem to let people actually vote by category.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

We've started a support thread for Hipbreaker's entry over at TTLG. I'm afraid we didn't realise Moonbo had an entry. Just wanted to say that anyone is very welcome to start a Moonbo support thread at TTLG as well though I think his (?) username is gfleisher so we know him by that name.

Edit. This has now been done.

Edited by nickie

So apparently someone entered Gecko's HD texture pack and water mod into this competition without his knowledge, and even stole one of his Youtube videos. Classy.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

So apparently someone entered Gecko's HD texture pack and water mod into this competition without his knowledge, and even stole one of his Youtube videos. Classy.

@Springheel, I assume NH has dropped you about contact our contact at EM/SU about this..?

On a positive note it looks like our MoonBo is winning or has won! with 27% beating the proof of concept boys.

I was wondering about that. Gecko is not from the USA as I recall.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)