The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Inn Business by RJFerret (2014/03/03)

RJFerret

Oh man what an ugly title screen. Who'd you commission that from, a 12 year old? Gosh, standards are slipping.

Really fun and innovative, and quite the time-sink as a result. Hope people enjoy playing it as much as I did, especially as it's improved since.

• Like 2

Yeesh, I'd love to "like" the compliment, but not endorsing teasing about Kyyrma's title screen, it was way outvoted compared to mine too! ;p

Thanks all!

• Like 1

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

No, it didn't, and nothing has changed with that stuff since before beta test. I just ran through where that's used, having downloaded it from the installer myself without troubles.

But given that message, I'd have to say ouch!

First thought would be to delete/download again. Second thought would be we'd have to ask Sotha, but I don't see any file that could be missing related to that in his .zip unfortunately.

Anyone else seeing that message?

Edit: Turns out that was a pre-release bug of TDM 2.02.

Edited by RJFerret

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

Whelp, I just removed everything here, downloaded from the installer fresh, and ran through where that's used twice with no problems. (And it's still happily going in the background with timescale 2.)

Sorry, I learn more from posts than polls! (But vote for egg salad personally.)

In terms of the error, I'm guessing maybe a RAM issue or something like that locally? Wait, _56...does that mean there are 55 previous ones?!?? Somebody get something stuck in his fly?

Going to give this a play through right now!

Congratulations on the release! :)

Congrats on the release, and for giving me credits, although I completely forgot why :P (really, I can't remember)

It's good to see that since we've got standalone the number of FM authors seems to increase.

Will play this mission the next days as my download rate has expired today (Thank you new thiaf :angry: )

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

A question - is this intended

In the mages room it isn't possible to put out both candles as if you put out the second one the first one relights - I got round the problem by carrying them into the next room

One thing I thought was most unfair

the loot bottles aren't any different to non loot bottles and some of the loot items aren't usually and vice versa

Edited by Oldjim

What is it all about this title screen everyone talks about?

Well you see, there was that vote to determine whose was the best loading screen, the winner of which would be used for the FM. Kyyrma rigged the vote, obviously, by buying votes from people on the forums, and my masterpiece was barely noticed amidst the onslaught of illegitimate votes. I wouldn't trust him if I were you.

The title screen is cool!

7hVex.gif

A question - is this intended

Yes it is! :-) Blame the occupant for that effect.

One thing I thought was most unfair...

My condolences on using varied skins, I get tired of knowing from a distance in other FMs if I should bother even entering the room or heading toward that wine rack, preferring to mix things up a bit and bring back the exploration/unknown. I'm surprised more mappers don't use the various skins provided.

However, I do compensate by not having most things highlight, so in these cases only the valuable things pop out at you. I'm not a fan of needle in the haystack either.

• Like 1

Congrats on the release, and for giving me credits, although I completely forgot why :P (really, I can't remember)

Honestly I don't recall the specific thing either, I'd have to poke through forum posts over the past three months, heh! But there was something specifically tricky, and took some orchestration, one of those, "and if that doesn't work, we can script it" type of things. ;-)

Thanks for the positive vibes all, I hope it exceeds anticipations.

Now don't be a sore loser Merry, I'll make sure to send you a signed hard-copy so you can hang it on your wall ;)

And once more congrats on the release RJ! I'm glad I could help test this mission despite being a bit unreliable due to work. Funny thing, I was playing the review copy of Thiaf at the time. Every time I found the time to do some testing on your map, I was reminded by how much more I enjoy the Thief/TDM flair of stealth.

It's a great FM with an original twist to it. Highly recommended!

Edited by kyyrma
  • Like 2