The Dark Mod Forums

Tips & Tricks Thread

Stealth'91

Maybe it's a good idea to collect all console commands etc in one topic?

like this one:

It is tricky to find, here you are...

// Quicksave altering
set save1 "savegame QuickSave1; set savebind vstr save2; set loadbind vstr load1"
set save2 "savegame QuickSave2; set savebind vstr save3; set loadbind vstr load2"
set save3 "savegame QuickSave3; set savebind vstr save1; set loadbind vstr load3"
set savebind vstr save1
bind f5 "vstr savebind"

set load1 "loadgame QuickSave1"
set load2 "loadgame QuickSave2"
set load3 "loadgame QuickSave3"
set loadbind vstr load1
bind f9 "vstr loadbind"

Put in an autoexec.cfg file in your darkmod folder.

and others like add/remove indicators and important command lines..

You can just use search as these already exist.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Cvars_in_The_Dark_Mod

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Console_Useful_Controls

If you are having problems searching, it might be easier to use Google (can search shorter terms and both wiki and forums simultaneously) by including "site:thedarkmod.com" in your search terms.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

i searched "tips", "tricks", "autoexec", "command" before posting, found nothing.. ok sorry

Don't worry Stealth. I quite often follow RJF's suggestion about using Google; the forum search engine limits can be a bit of a pain at times. :smile:

P.S. Really like your avatar. Where's it from?

The avatar looks kinda cute. The game doesn't though... :unsure:

Having totally derailed this thread, I'll now derail it even more - never heard of kinguin, just checked it out, and (assuming I understand correctly) they're selling Steam codes for Thief4 at half the price Steam are charging. How the heck does that work?

stealth bastard dlx is a great game.. you are a clone like 47, behave like sam fisher and the levels are test chambers like portal, full of deadly traps.. level editor, global rankings and tons of chambers are included.. for 1 metal piece is a must have, no doubts..

anyway as far as i know kinguin is a site that collects users all around the world that want to sell their virgin keys maybe taken with coupons, bundles etc

you have to signup, add to cart and pay choosing metods offered.. as you can see there is a feedback system like ebay..

game key will be delivered in a couple of minutes in your mail box, copy paste and play :)

actually thief4 costs 16,77 euros, no jokes..