The Dark Mod Forums

Help-All of my saves do not render any textures after quicksave?

buck28

I have 21 saves so far, building my mission. I created an atdm:mover_door from a model (according to the instructions from A-Z beginner guide, page two. I've done it several times and has always worked.

This time I reload to check it out, and I have no textures??? In fact, all of my saves look the same? I get this as part of the error message.

os::makeDirectory(D:/Games/Doom 3/DarkMod/base/maps/) failed with error 2

Cannot register statement ActivateAllFilters, this statement is already registered.

Cannot register statement DeactivateAllFilters, this statement is already registered.

I'm a month into this build and hope I'm not hosed. I never had this much trouble in Dromed.

Please help if possible. I don't want to give up.

Thanks,

Buck28 (cloakedinshadows)

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

Yeah you shouldn't have lost anything (not hosed), just paths to find the textures got wonky it sounds like (note the preferences of DR doesn't retain the paths when you go in there, so you have to reset them each time you go into preferences).

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Thanks guys; but I did, reinstall Dark Radient and it didn't change anything? When I run my map in Dark Mod, it works fine, and the door I just installed is there and works fine? I can see everything, but everything says NO SHADERS FOUND.

I will try reinstall once more to see what happens. Does this happen a lot? I hope not. How do you reset preferances for lost textures?

It happens every time you open preferences.

Simply go to the very bottom option, re-enter the Engine path. You don't need to reinstall anything.

Edit: Presuming you are referring to Dark Radiant. If you are referring to the game itself, that's another issue. But re-reading your posts, I'm not sure which you are referring to. The DR issue is the most common however.

Edited by RJFerret

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

RJ When I jump in the game, everything is fine. When I start Dark Radiant, I have no textures? I have reinstalled again, and no matter what map I open, it says no shaders found. I see nothing but blue where my textures should be. Yes, I reset the path every time, but something is missing. Or, I'm not doing something.

Cool, then yes, it's likely the paths not pointing correctly in Preferences in Dark Radiant.

In my case, Engine Path is: Drive:/Program Files

(note, nothing after that, just the folder that contains darkmod)

mod is "darkmod".

You don't need to reinstall anything, or even restart, as soon as you change it and click OK all the textures will pop up if you have the right paths.

You know the textures are there, since the game itself is pulling them up OK.

If I open up a brand new map and pull out a brush, make room, select textures. There is no texture tree at all? Even with a new install of DarkRadiant it is hung on the last quick save. A new map should show the texture tree, right?

os::makeDirectory(D:/Games/Doom 3/DarkMod/base/maps/) failed with error 2

My path is as follows.

D:/Games/Doom3/DarkMod

Not sure why one of these says, "Doom 3" and other says, "Doom3" but I previously had issues with DR saving my path also IF there were any spaces in the path. Removed the spaces and everything worked fine. I don't know if you've edited this path to the later post or not?

DR doesn't lose settings if the path has no spaces in it.

Along the lines of what RJF has mentioned, my game and DR are installed here:

D:/Games/darkmod

D:/Games/darkradiant

You can pull up preferences at anytime and the settings stay.

3V0PdpR.jpg

Edited by Lux

I've been out of town since I first posted, due to a funeral. I appreciate the help and suggestions. Here is what is going on. I completely remove my map folder from DarkMod and replace it with an empty one. I reinstall DarkRadient. I use the same path, as shown above. When I start a new map, I have no textures? If I create a block, and make room; no shaders found. What happened to the textures? and how do I get them back????? You would think that reloading DR that they would be back again???

Also you don't need Darkmod in the doom3 folder anymore, and I would say that's actually a bad idea, as darkmod might still be parsing the doom 3 assets and you might accidentally use them. Just move darkmod to it's own folder under games.

EDIT: And yeah, what Springheel said.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

see attachments:

New install of DR

DarkMod is out of Doom3 folder.

No textures with saved map or new map.

Console error msg is probably problem but how do you fix?

Thanks, buck8

post-32883-0-87874500-1395698086_thumb.jpg

post-32883-0-41597000-1395698087_thumb.jpg

post-32883-0-41984500-1395698088_thumb.jpg

post-32883-0-11086300-1395698089_thumb.jpg

Edited by buck28

SUCCESS.....

Attached is my new game path....

I reinstalled DR and put it here: D:/DarkRadiant

Doom3 is here: D:/Games/

DarkMod is here: D:/Games/Darkmod

So: DR was a new install and was removed from D:/Games/DarkRadiant

By moving it to D:/DarkRadient, all of the textures returned? Don't know why.

Thanks to you guys that helped me out. Now, back to mapping my mission!

Buck28

post-32883-0-98020500-1395706362_thumb.jpg

Edited by buck28
  • Like 1