The Dark Mod Forums

Let's play videos

melrief

I have started a YouTube Channel with title "Let's Play The Dark Mod" in which I play one of the fan missions available. My plan is to play all the missions at the maximum difficulty without reloading (too much :rolleyes:).

• Like 3

System76 Gazelle professional with Intel® Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 8GB ram and Intel HD Graphics 4000

https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/gazp8

Good news,

I have a question; will you as well try to do all the mission ghostable :)?

I'm just starting out with that, actually. I've finished all the blind playthroughs and now I'm going back to play each again twice: once to speed-run and once to 0 stealth score each of them.

Ghostable means with score 0? I'm not sure to be able to do that. Some FMs can be tricky and I don't think to be able to be a ghost without reloading. I prefer to play with my usual "thief" style.

I'm considering the possibility to let the subscribers to choose my next mission, what do you think?

System76 Gazelle professional with Intel® Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 8GB ram and Intel HD Graphics 4000

When I talked ghostable I mean you grab all the loot on the missions, you always play the difficult challenge, you can't use any objects (ex: water arrows and so on) or carry none for the matter, you can't take damage, you can't kill nobody even animals or beasts, you can't alert anyone. This is suppose to be challenging :). Just asked for curiosity, good luck with your channel.

Edited by Loa4ever

you grab all the loot on the missions [...] you can't use any objects (ex: water arrows and so on) [...] you can't alert anyone.

That's pretty much impossible on a lot of missions thanks to running habits between map makers. One I can think of is putting coins on card tables that either alert the players when removed or are in direct light in the middle of a bar with people sat on opposite sides of the table. I think the best you could do consistently in every mission is 0 stealth score without using items, that's about it.

Doesn't the term "Let's Play" imply a narrative?

Not really, although most Let's Players do so.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

When I talked ghostable I mean you grab all the loot on the missions, you always play the difficult challenge, you can't use any objects (ex: water arrows and so on) or carry none for the matter, you can't take damage, you can't kill nobody even animals or beasts, you can't alert anyone. This is suppose to be challenging :). Just asked for curiosity, good luck with your channel.

Uhmm I don't think to be able to do it and I have good reasons: this means being under lights many times. Exposing yourself for the joy of challenge could be nice, but it's not my style. Too many variables and even if you calculate the timing correctly every time, there will still be moments in which you have to, for instance, pick a lock under the light just because you have decided to not use water arrows. I don't understand this. Some levels are designed to support this, but for me this is just unrealistic. If there is a lock and a light, you have three possibilities: find another route to what's being the lock, remove the light or remove all the opponents in that area.

Besides, the idea is to play without reloading and that includes dealing with your mistakes. In this context, you must be crazy to play without rope, moss and water arrows.

Edited by melrief

Doesn't the term "Let's Play" imply a narrative?

Normally it does, in fact let's play is known to be narrated by the player as far as I know.

In this context, you must be crazy to play without rope, moss and water arrows.

Not me, but some people are crazy enough to do this things ;).

Normally it does, in fact let's play is known to be narrated by the player as far as I know.

"Playthrough" is the same of "Let's play" and "walkthrough" is more a guide for the player. I have to find a better name but I have no ideas right now :mellow: .