The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Penny Dreadful 2 by Melan and Bikerdude (2014/07/8)

Melan

Is it impossible to perfectly ghost this mission? It seems to me that there's one guard who you have to sneak by in full light,

I didn't have any issues on my playthrough ghosting. I think I got a stealth score of 13. Yes some guards were difficult to pass but which one are you referring to?

HauntHunter: You've got to ''drop'' the slow match, then let the hot end touch the light source (might need some rotation).

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I didn't have any issues on my playthrough ghosting. I think I got a stealth score of 13. Yes some guards were difficult to pass but which one are you referring to?

That's very interesting. I looked at the situation with the room fully lit and the guard standing right in front of the door I needed to get through and decided, "nope, that's not going to work", and put the light out without much further thought. You're saying the poor guy has such tunnel vision that I can creep right up beside him in full light without me seeing?! I'll have to try... I'm pretty sure he never moves.

He's quite late on, guarding the doorway to the corridor which leads to the room with both our targets standing in front of each other in front of a fireplace. In front of him is a staircase leading up to a small group of rooms (including those nice rafters where you can get into one locked room). I can't see any way I'd be able to get up that staircase in full light, but I need to go back to that room again and take a more careful look.

Edited by Araneidae

I don't think that this was supposed to happen

Playing on expert with alert etc set to challenging

I entered the jail using the key and must have alerted the guard who wasn't wearing a helmet so the other guard ran past shouting I will help you and then they started fighting - and the guard with the helmet was killed

post-8491-0-54035700-1405803304_thumb.jpg

How does one confirm it is a TDM bug

Unfortunately I didn't keep the save game

Thinking about it the guard without the helmet was outside the cell with the prisoner in it when he heard me opening the door and the only thing he could see was the prisoner. Could it be that he tried to attack the prisoner and the other guard who ran in to help hit him by mistake then starting the fight

Would changing the cell door from solid to barred have caused the problem as the sound of the door opening could have appeared to come from the cell

Edited by Oldjim

I am stuck

Completed all the objectives on expert including the optional loot and also have the bailiff's journal but have no idea where to find the information about the grail

You will have walked straight by it when you completed the primary objective(s).

Hope that's helpful enough!

The armoury key:

it is hanging in the armoury window on Normal and Hard, and it is not available on Expert. All you are missing is some extra equipment.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

That's very interesting. I looked at the situation with the room fully lit and the guard standing right in front of the door I needed to get through and decided, "nope, that's not going to work", and put the light out without much further thought. You're saying the poor guy has such tunnel vision that I can creep right up beside him in full light without me seeing?! I'll have to try... I'm pretty sure he never moves.

He's quite late on, guarding the doorway to the corridor which leads to the room with both our targets standing in front of each other in front of a fireplace. In front of him is a staircase leading up to a small group of rooms (including those nice rafters where you can get into one locked room). I can't see any way I'd be able to get up that staircase in full light, but I need to go back to that room again and take a more careful look.

Did you attempt to distract him?

If you want to get to the staircase, you should be able to hug the left side of the room and clamber across the pile of stuff that's there without being noticed - even with the light, IIRC. If you want to get into the room he's guarding... look for an alternate route.

There is only one alternate route that I know of.

But then Mr. Premier is a taffer, so who knows.

Isn't that a ghosting fail? Certainly it's an alert, anyhow, and for me it's as bad as putting out a light, so no, didn't try distraction.

I don't want to get in to a ghost discussion with you because I take the term pretty lightly. For me its, "They didn't see me" coupled with, "I didn't knock any of them out". So in essense, they never knew I was there. Castles have all kinds of odd sounds, wind blowing out torches, etc. so that is a bit strict for even my German upbringing. :)

... so that is a bit strict for even my German upbringing. :)

We are not as strict as you may think ;)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter