The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Penny Dreadful 2 by Melan and Bikerdude (2014/07/8)

Melan

Ah, all right, I think I can cover this, then.

Edit: Never mind, lighting issue is still there, seemingly.

Gave Melan a heads up, he said he might fix it if he has time this summer.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 3 months later...

A fixed version of this FM has now been uploaded. Thanks a million to Springheel, who has done the actual work (I am on a laptop that doesn't like TDM). :)

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

It is a minor update, and did not receive a new version number.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps anyone needing a walkthrough in the future.

One of my favorite levels in terms of city depiction, now. Fantastic work, Melan.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2017 at 6:39 PM, nbohr1more said:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4494

In 2.05 we attempted to give the some items more realistic frob sizes to prevent exploits (etc). This has broken a number of maps

that rely on the unrealistic frob distances\positions. It also seems to break some realistic frob distances where the asset is rotated (etc)

so that the frob orientation is beyond some threshold. That change will be reverted in 2.06.

This mission seems rather problematic in 2.08 svn 64 bit

Playing on stable 60 fps I can see player stuck on random terrain spots as well as AI stuck circling

Console spammed with ''translation too huge for player" and sometimes for AI as well

Physics crazy - chairs, etc flying away after collision

Unfrobable loot - coins on the window sill in the butcher shop.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just played this mission (I was leaving the series for last ;), and I can say that I had no technical problems with the current 2.08 release :)! The atmosphere was great, especially around the gallows and I loved the Dishonored type of getting revenge which I used because it was more fun. Still the map itself is kind of a mess, you don't really know where one house ends and another begins and it wasn't fun to move through the sewer to get from one part to the other. Also I did miss my lockpicks, especially as the keys kind of seemed to open random doors which left me with some questions:

- Which door does the power station key open? I opened one that would have made sense with the fancy key!

- Which door does the bookseller key open? I opened the door to the room with books with the simple key.

- Where is the delicate key to open the grate between the room with the books and the pawnbrokers shop?

- Where is the pendant that is mentioned in the note at the pawnbrokers shop? Or is it not in the map at all?

P.S.: I found the pendant myself in the meantime after I notice the ladder between the roofs. But I had to get a hint from the ttlg board about the delicate key. That window looked absolutely normal, not being slightly open or transparent or any other usual hint. What was I supposed to do? Check all window textures if they would open ;)?

Edited by wesp5

• 1 year later...