The Dark Mod Forums

Testers needed: DarkRadiant + wxWidgets

I don't recall, but I think DR had WASD-like navigation in the CAM view using arrow keys. What happened to that feature ? (or I might be mixing it up with DOOMEdit)

DarkRadiant doesn't have this binding. W has always been bound to Translate mode.

Another nasty bug in pre10 that also, I am almost certain, presents in 1.8.1.

If I use Render preview with lighting, and then try creating model, model viewer shows nothing: http://i.imgur.com/SgcGnHb.png

This is a known issue, it's on the tracker already. Was present in 1.8.1 as well, as you suspected.

Another thing I noticed is that I have to in a particular active window for Esc or Ctrl + S (save) to work. In 1.8.1 I recall Ctrl + S worked regardless - I didn't even have to think - just press Ctrl + S at any time and save the map. This is no longer the case. I have to click on main window header to have it active and then Ctrl + S would save the map. Same goes for de-selection - apparently if I have selected brush, and I click on Entity's Properties window, hitting Esc won't do anything.

This is definitely something new to the wxWidgets port. I'm going to need looking into that if people are used to it working everywhere, but it can be tricky to get it right (focus might be on text entry fields, etc).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definitely something new to the wxWidgets port. I'm going to need looking into that if people are used to it working everywhere, but it can be tricky to get it right (focus might be on text entry fields, etc).

Really? I'm convinced that I've always had to click on orthoview/main window for ctrl+s to work, if I've got focus on the camera. I frequently hit ctrl+s then launch the previous version of the map, only to go back to DR and see the little star is still there to say I have unsaved changes. I didn't think that was new. I use floating windows.

Really? I'm convinced that I've always had to click on orthoview/main window for ctrl+s to work, if I've got focus on the camera. I frequently hit ctrl+s then launch the previous version of the map, only to go back to DR and see the little star is still there to say I have unsaved changes. I didn't think that was new. I use floating windows.

I need to double check.

It's very noticeable when working in the EntityInspector / group dialog. Whenever one clicks in the TextureBrowser or the EntityInspector's list view and hits Ctrl-S to save the map the shortcut goes unnoticed. I'll have to see whether it's possible to add a hook to the global shortcuts there.

I've uploaded a new pre11 build that enables shortcuts when the EntityInspector/TextureBrowser etc. are in focus. One thing I can't do right now is to forward the ESC key when a listview or treeview is in focus, since that key is also needed to dismiss the type-ahead search popup. See the first post for the build.

Found interesting issue - 1.8.1 has brushes in the .map file and then orderly entities. In 2.0.0 pre10 everything is mixed up inside .map file.

Can you elaborate on this? The saving/loading code doesn't differ between 1.8.x and 2.0.0, so this is rather unexpected for me.

Any luck fixing the bug where models in the model viewer are not visible after CAM view mode was switched to Lighting preview and back ?

Not for the 2.0.0 release. I know what's going wrong in the code, but it will take quite some work to fix this. I want to get 2.0.0 out of the door before jumping on the next large refactoring effort.

Not for the 2.0.0 release. I know what's going wrong in the code, but it will take quite some work to fix this. I want to get 2.0.0 out of the door before jumping on the next large refactoring effort.

Ah, ok.

Btw, did you fix the issue with projected lights by chance? I think I posted screenshot earlier showing the issue I got.

I am finding occasional issues with target arrows being displayed. Unfortunately I can't rep it reliably and I can't provide a test map. If I reload a map where some target arrows are missing, the missing arrows reappear.

I've been repping it by duplicating sets of entities that target one another. Here's an example. These are 4 clones of the same AI/pathnode set-up. Each AI has a pair of path nodes that target one another. The selected path node targets its partner like all the others do, but it's missing its outgoing arrow.

post-29566-0-13792500-1411062671_thumb.jpg

Sometimes when I duplicate path nodes I get no arrows at all. Other times like in the pic, just one or two arrows are missing. But most of the time it works correctly, and whatever's upsetting it isn't preserved in the map file so it's hard to provide a test case.

So I loaded my map, tried placing an entity when I realized "model" parm point to non-existent model. So I edited my .def file, clicked on reloadDefs, then on reloadModels, and then right clicked on ortho view, then on Create Entity and bam!:

http://i.imgur.com/NFnjqTN.png

Also, DR 2.0.0 doesn't remember last folder used in DR. I exported model from Blender, loaded DR, File > Open (or the icon) and ended up in the models folder where I exported my model from Blender a moment ago.

Edited by motorsep

Btw, did you fix the issue with projected lights by chance? I think I posted screenshot earlier showing the issue I got.

If you're referring to this screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/2we6r1m.png), I didn't get what the problem is here.

I'll try to reproduce the Create Entity crash.

@SteveL: when this happens, can you inspect the target keys of the involved entities to check whether they are correct? (I assume they are because the problem vanishes on map reload.) I think the problem lies in DR's Namespace code and/or the Target key observers. Some updates are probably not processed in the right order or not at all. I definitely need to inspect that in the debugger, so a test case will be needed to actually fix this.

@SteveL: when this happens, can you inspect the target keys of the involved entities to check whether they are correct? (I assume they are because the problem vanishes on map reload.) I think the problem lies in DR's Namespace code and/or the Target key observers. Some updates are probably not processed in the right order or not at all. I definitely need to inspect that in the debugger, so a test case will be needed to actually fix this.

Yes, the target spawnargs are always correct, and the map works, and it reloads in DR with the problem fixed, which is why I've not been able to open a tracker and attach a test map demonstrating the problem. Simply saving the map or messing with the windows or selection doesn't fix the arrows.

The only way I've found to rep it is to do what I did above: add targets to a cluster of entities and then clone them a few times. I only needed to make half a dozen clones to get an example for that screenshot, but it doesn't always happen. I'll try again to see whether I can find some way to rep it reliably and reproducibly.

So I loaded my map, tried placing an entity when I realized "model" parm point to non-existent model. So I edited my .def file, clicked on reloadDefs, then on reloadModels, and then right clicked on ortho view, then on Create Entity and bam!:

This is fixed in git now.

I have compiled it in Ubuntu 14.04 a while ago, so it's working in principle. I didn't test the very recent revisions, so it's possible that there is some #include missing or similar, but nothing serious. The instructions on the wiki concerning automake are still working.

Also, DR 2.0.0 doesn't remember last folder used in DR. I exported model from Blender, loaded DR, File > Open (or the icon) and ended up in the models folder where I exported my model from Blender a moment ago.

I couldn't reproduce this. I saved a map in some folder "testmaps", exported an ASE file to somewhere else, then hit File > Open and DarkRadiant showed me the "testmaps" folder again. What does it do on yor end?