The Dark Mod Forums

Russian translation of FM

charisma

Yet another proof :D (WARNING: big image)

uGaOH5g.jpg

I think that many TDM-Russian speaking players will appreciate even if there would be 5 or 10 FM's translated and in-game (those that are allowed to be modified by the developers, the FM authors).

Many times, just the intention already matters for people. An act of good will.

For example, not everyone uses www.rutracker.org to find new games. The audience for russian-speaking players is very large :)

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

For example, not everyone uses www.rutracker.org to find new games. The audience for russian-speaking players is very large :)

I never talked about torrent trackers.

And the problem is that we just can't post modified xd files here.

• Like 1

I never talked about torrent trackers.

And the problem is that we just can't post modified xd files here.

All I wanted to say is that a lot of people find out about new games through torrent trackers. They might find www.thedarkmod.com but not always guaranteed.

Not everyone surfs the net for translations and such after all.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody. Today I am proud to say that we have 90 translated missions. Not all of them are fully tested, but we're slowly working on it. The all the work behind this is HUGE. I still can't believe that it took me almost two years to made it this far. Yet we have another "problem". People are unaware that there is a Russian translation. (I want to admit that I really suck at promoting myself and my work). That leads us to a situation when people are starting their own translation, trying to solve the problems that already been solved, etc. Short said: they want the translation to be available through the game itself. They don't want to bother themselves to look for it anywhere else. And we just can't make it available that way in its present state. Here's the reason:

-sometimes we're changing *.xd or another files to make a full translation (That means, that in our own repository we have not only *.lang files, but the whole bunch of *.pk4 archives with all the modified stuff. In order to play it, you just put it in the mission folder - that's it! Without re-writing the original files and can be deleted at any time.)

Here's the possible solution:

Maybe - just maybe - TDM can have it's own *.pk archive instead of only *.lang file for each language? (For example: saintlucia_ru.pk4 / saintlucia_pl.pk4 / saintlucia_de.pk4 etc.) I thought it can be a flexible solution. Just want to know some opinions.

After that If I'd be given some rights to maintain the Russian section I would update it every time I got some fresh data. I also thought to write a manual for other translators, where all topics would be covered starting from patching the fonts and so on. And even make some video tutorials and upload them on youtube. But I want to be sure that all of that is worth something. Thanks to all of you who supported me and helped along the way. :blush:

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hmm. For some reason the characters got converted from ANSI to UTF-8?

The original Russian.lang looks like:

õîòèòå

whereas your version is more legible:

"Особое"

but doesn't seem to render properly?
  • Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Gadavre said:

Will it continue to work on translating the missions into Russian?

I'm from Russia. today was my first training mission. I really liked the translation

Try this site: https://darkfate.org/news

badge?user=andarson