The Dark Mod Forums

New mission: Lockner Manor

buck28

13 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment, fun duration, smooth flow, etc. vs bugs, boredom, frustration, frame lags

2. 2. Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style; deduct for bad texturing, etc.

3. 3. Story: Story and text, briefing, graffic storytelling

• Poor
    • Tolerable
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Near Perfect

Congratulations on the release!

Will give this a play through tonight :)

So I just finished playing this, and yes it's visually so-so, but it's *fun*, really fun. In fact, I don't think I've enjoyed a TDM mission this much in a long while - just a wonderful time going through the city and seeing how everything was interconnected. If you have the time, I recommend doing a polish pass, but really it's good fun as it is.

Congrats and I hope you keep on mapping, you've got an eye for what makes Thief enjoyable!

Edited by Moonbo
  • Like 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

@ Moonbo

Thank you very much. Yes, it is probably a little rough, but I've seen worse. That is the type of mission I love to play in thief myself. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

I'm a bit stuck :)

I went in to the tavern which led me up on to the balcony and over the wall in to the area where the horse is. There is a hatch on the ground that leads down in to the sewers. Once I went down there I was stuck.

I explored the sewers and found two more hatches leading up and a locked door. You can't pick the locked door so you need a key you don't have. The two other sewer hatches that exit the sewers, the player can not fit up through the openings (or mantle out). I tried many times unsuccessfully to get out through the hatch openings. After going back to the hatch where I came in, I can't get out of that hatch either :\

I noclipped back out of the sewers and it turns out all of the hatches will let the player enter but not exit probably because they're not large enough to clear the player box? Not sure.

Did no one else have this issue?

Edited by Lux

You have to pivot around a bit (kind of like when you're trying to fit somewhere while on a rope), then you'll be able to mantle. But yeah, I can confirm that the issue's there.

Hmm... I tried that 4 or 5 times and couldn't mantle and ended up falling off the ladder :)

I have a new link. This is version 1.6. Polished it up a bit thanks to your suggestions.

http://www76.zippysh...08372/file.html

I changed my original link to this updated one. Here's another screenshot.

post-32883-0-92371000-1407102263_thumb.jpg

Edited by buck28
  • Like 1

Nice Mission with some odd architecture but good play flow.

I found a ton of arrows of all kinds but didn't need any at hardest difficulty. So it feels a bit like it was too easy to blackjack my way through (well, i left alone the that three elite ones inside the manor as their routes are not that troubling anyway). Five gas arrows?! WTF!

To find all that required loot was harder. But i always overlook things like vases in kegs and the like. So that really is not your fault.

Really like the friendly tavern folk and the machinist lab (but i just had to "kill" the "bot" regardless).

Expected to be able to use the rope arrow from the start area somewhere - like there:

post-29952-0-41660300-1407127988_thumb.jpg

Encountered no nasty bugs, so i fill the remaining space with some nitpicking:

Really wanted to steal that coins - but they are not frobbable:

post-29952-0-81877100-1407129384_thumb.jpg

There is not only an extra banister but after that follows an invisible wall somewhere by the red line:

post-29952-0-92143200-1407129458_thumb.jpg

That rat and its sister in the sewers are the most tame rats i ever saw (this one will stand its ground even when opening or closing the trap door it is standing on):

post-29952-0-23146600-1407129668_thumb.jpg

Some object placement:

post-29952-0-99840200-1407129676_thumb.jpg

That basket makes a metal noise when stepped on:

post-29952-0-91669400-1407130000_thumb.jpg

And there are at least two odd candles in the hotel that expose some candle texture shining through the metal candle holder and are unfrobbable (did not test water arrows on them). The forum software does not like the image even after bringing it down to 61 kiB.

• Like 1

@Abusimplea

Odd architecture? Remember, it's a Steam Punk world. LOL :laugh:

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Edited by buck28

Just finished the mission. And I actually liked the architecture. It looked like folks were joining different buildings without a plan and that's what I would expect by a medieval city. It was a bit boxy though. Medieval architects wouldn't have the means to build walls so perfectly straight. :P But what's most important: I had fun playing it. Good focus on lavatories, too. Looking forward to your next mission, Buck28.

• Like 1

@Oldjim

Sorry about that. Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to rename it. Will be a quick fix.

Edited by buck28