The Dark Mod Forums

OpenGL perf. on AMD/ATi gpu's: WIP fix.

Bikerdude

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we really need to fix the timedemo feature and release a new benchmark. Then, hopefully, phrononix (etc) will use it and it'll put

pressure on AMD to improve their benchmark results. As long as there's no press about it, this will always be a low priority issue for them.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yep, we'd wanna convince tomshardware, anandtech, kitguru, hardocp, or hothardware to add this to their suite.

guru3d too.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'm joking, it's really the same.

Ah, try to rename to "Wolf2MP" and you'll have MORE optimization than "DarkAthena" :D

GCN+Catalyst performance is really tied to profiling.....

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

No, I'm joking, it's really the same.

Ah, try to rename to "Wolf2MP" and you'll have MORE optimization than "DarkAthena" :D

GCN+Catalyst performance is really tied to profiling.....

Why not to try Brink, Wolfenstein 2009 MP, Quake 4 MP and see if any of those have even better optimizations ? (since all of those id Tech 4 based)

@Bikerdude: Do you think you can explain to AMD about 13.1 atioglxx.dll performance boost ? (if you can tell them about BFG engine, maybe it will give them better clues, since TDM doesn't have break down on timing for various subsystems)

Im hoping they will have created a new profile for us.

Why not to try Brink, Wolfenstein 2009 MP, Quake 4 MP and see if any of those have even better optimizations ? (since all of those id Tech 4 based)

Wolf2MP is the MP exe of Wolfenstein 2009 :D

I'm testing, see before and this one below :D

Quake4MP.exe result: Quake4_MP.jpg

And the winner is Wolf2MP profile :P

Edited by lowenz

• 1 month later...

They changed something in the new driver package (15.5).....now TDM performs differently in some areas.

In some areas worse (or maybe I miss something but my system and TDM have the same old settings.....and I deleted the AMD shader cache):

15.4 Wolf2MP

Wolf2_MP.jpg

15.5 Wolf2MP (29-30 FPS vs 40)

Wolf2_MP_2015_05_29_15_50_24_498.jpg

Edited by lowenz

Correct screnshot (With FPS OSD). And obviously the V-Sync is OFF.

Wolf2_MP_2015_05_29_15_50_24_498.jpg

Edited by lowenz