The Dark Mod Forums

Old PC Gamer 3 Page Thief Ad (Scans)

AluminumHaste

I want games to come in big cheesy boxes again :unsure:. Really, though, they put so much effort into that: it looks seriously cool. I wish digital distribution was done in some way that meant people had to come up with big spreads like that again, rather than a feature list and a gameplay trailer.

• Like 1

I want games to come in big cheesy boxes again :unsure:. Really, though, they put so much effort into that: it looks seriously cool. I wish digital distribution was done in some way that meant people had to come up with big spreads like that again, rather than a feature list and a gameplay trailer.

B4kPQ.jpg

• Like 2

<snip>

Lord GabeN be praised!

Also if you guys are into old school magazine scans (because I know it triggers my nostalgic spot for sure) check out this old Thief 2: The Metal Age preview from March 2000

uz9uyIC.jpg

vvoFEri.jpg

JsvuB5d.jpg

A5PT2uf.jpg

ySqjKIT.jpg

Rx3nrWl.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cool stuff. :) I think i bought my copy of Dark Project in 2002 or 2003 or so, was a discount version which cost 6,90 € or so:

598_front.jpg

I only knew the game from something my brother told me about it. I played it until the "Down in the bonehoard" level, which scared me quite a bit, i didn't really like horror zombie stuff at that time, so i stopped playing it. I only rediscovered Thief years later, and got pretty addicted. I played through Thief 2, and Thief 3 shortly after that. Started to play through Thief Gold 2 years ago then or so, but only got until the haunted cathedral level. Kind of a deja vu to the first time i almost played it through. :D Sure will give it another go one day though.

Elaborate manuals, maps and extras should definitely make a comeback. Boxes full of neat stuff are awesome. That's why I published my second tabletop RPG as a boxed set, and that's why I had it include, among other things, not just dice but a deck of cards.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Elaborate manuals, maps and extras should definitely make a comeback. Boxes full of neat stuff are awesome. That's why I published my second tabletop RPG as a boxed set, and that's why I had it include, among other things, not just dice but a deck of cards.

Sounds like you'd love
! I remade the entirety of Munchkin in it with card scans off the internet :ph34r:

The screenshots, which are also found on the game box, are all "wrong". Ramirez's guards don't turn up in the ruined quarter, crates don't react like that to fire arrows, and the top screenshot is from an earlier build of Assassins.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved