The Dark Mod Forums

Another Writer...

Ragnarok

I'm a rather enormous fan of the Thief universe and would simply love to help out on a project like this. Of course, I've played and own every game in the series. The Thief games have also been the only ones I've ever actually replayed again and again.

The specific area I would be offering any services in would be writing/concept design. Would I be correct in thinking that Macsen is your only writer at this point? If he is, I believe things could benefit quite largely from a second head for the same task.

I am hardly a journalist like Macsen, and have only a modest number of written works to offer as any proof of worthiness, but my DeviantArt account does hold a few things to peruse (Be sure to check out the story).

I am fully free and available to dedicate myself to this for the next several months to be sure. Starting next school year, though, I'll be making the transition to college and I simply cannot tell you how much time that will claim -- although chances are I will still be perfectly able to work.

What say you, folks? ^_^?

Hokay, but I'm almost finished with the writing. Every facet of the plot is in place. Any more than 10 conversations per level would seem stop-start, and more than 5,000 words of readables per level would drown the player under an annoying sea of words. What we probably need now is less writing; I'm cutting out 1/3 of all the crap I've written.

Speaking of journalism... I was voted to be the editor of a mag today, out of three candidates. Mwahahaha I am King. I also know no modesty. :lol:

Hokay, but I'm almost finished with the writing. Every facet of the plot is in place. Any more than 10 conversations per level would seem stop-start, and more than 5,000 words of readables per level would drown the player under an annoying sea of words. What we probably need now is less writing; I'm cutting out 1/3 of all the crap I've written.

Hmm... I suppose that'd be a "no thanks" about the writing part. A shame, I was looking forward to it.

Speaking of journalism... I was voted to be the editor of a mag today, out of three candidates.

Fun. What magazine? But how exactly is an editor "voted" rather than hired for a position?

Please send an application mail to recruiting@thedarkmod.com. We will set you up for an interview. Thanks.

Well, it looks like it won't be happening for the writer part, but what about a concept designer? Or are those jobs essentially the same in this group?

And although this is a tad off topic, how is the mod coming? If Macsen is almost done I'd assume you fellows have moved along well since the time you were mentioned on EvilAvatar?

Macsen is working on the plot of the campaign, which is actually far, far off. We won't be doing anything more than the introductory mission until the toolset is complete, which is at least a year away.

We have an internal milestone coming up at the end of the month that we're well on our way towards meeting.

We have an internal milestone coming up at the end of the month that we're well on our way towards meeting.

Nice! ^_^ Can't wait 'till you folks are real far along. The Thief universe done in Doom 3's engine is cause for momentous excitement. But while on the topic of fan work on Thief, have any of ya'll gotten wind of this? Apparently it's even going to be done soon. I can't wait for any of this.

Hmm... I suppose that'd be a "no thanks" about the writing part. A shame, I was looking forward to it.

Sorry! :( I feel bad for being so productive now. Like when I realised I had too many kids to feed, and had to start culling them.

Some of us are even working on it.

So that's whats holding them up! ;)

If the team is in a position to start working seriously on the campaign--other than the first level--in the next year, I'll eat my head with tobasco sauce. :)

Some of us are even working on it

Indeed.

:o How close untill we have it? Are most of the briefing done yet? Tell! Tell!

Sorry!  I feel bad for being so productive now. Like when I realised I had too many kids to feed, and had to start culling them.

Hah! No worries, more or less my fault for not asking a good deal earlier. I actually found you guys back then through the EvilAvatar article and was simply too distracted by various other things to give a yell.

If the team is in a position to start working seriously on the campaign--other than the first level--in the next year, I'll eat my head with tobasco sauce.

I take it you enjoyed Hannibal.