The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: La Banque Bienveillante by Airship Ballet (2014/11/22)

Airship Ballet

The ambient music was a bit monotonous at times so perhaps for your next FM change it up a bit or have something more than just a flat consistent drone for most of it. I know the mission did have different songs but the main one was just that flat drone (but hey that could just be personal preference coming out here)

:huh:

I'm not sure how ghostable this is with all objectives and getting all or all possible loot.

I never really intended it to be ghostable: I feel that really limits your options with regards to light and AI placement. I know it's a big thing in the Thief community but I've never really considered it special, namely because it just takes Hitman levels of patience and sitting around which takes a lot out of it for me.

Thanks for the feedback ^_^

Edited by Airship Ballet

Everything achieved except in the vault

how do I get at the wires I am supposed to cut - in the end I frobbed through the fuse cover by guesswork as trying to open the cover set off the alarm

It's a weird problem: sometimes it is frobbable and sometimes not, and I'm not entirely sure what it is that's making it unfrobbable since it's supposed to be immune to it and there's a lot of triggers to keep track of. Once everybody's had a play of it and I've got all the problems rooted out for me I'll release an updated version.

Edited by Airship Ballet

FYI. I had the same problem.

I was able to frob loot through the metal pillars on each side of the vault? :huh: I could not frob the lever for the access nor the door to cut wires. Each time would set off the alarm that was supposedly disabled?

Overall a hoot to play. I played twice with the same problem as above, but had a blast.

Thanks for that one. :D

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

There's something somewhere doing it, but God knows what. When I've played it it's frobable just fine, and that's after going everywhere in the house and playing as normal. I guess that's the problem with making something complicated: troubleshooting's a pain. I'm just going to have it open automatically when you get close, saves me looking all over for a single misplaced arg.

Edited by Airship Ballet

On expert you start without moss arrows and noisemakers, and killing anybody will dock you money. I was going to make it dock you half as much for knocking people out but I imagined people would complain.

Should be an updated version on the in-game downloader soonish. Rather than fixing the problem I just had it open automatically if you enter the vault with the alarm turned off. I can't recreate the unfrobbable problem myself, so I can't guarantee that this will fix it, but it ought to.

I hear that!

I hate problems that people find, that isn't there when the author or Beta testers play. :wacko:

Sometimes I think the final dmap has a mind of it's own...

• Like 1

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

Great mission. I look forward to seeing how it plays with your planned other missions that get their starting assets from the last mission played.

I had only one problem.

I gather that the code device in inside the black box in the vault. When I touch the black box, the alarm goes off and the door closes. I cannot open the box, The only code entry devices I see are on either side of the vault door and don't seem to be the right ones.

I noted a few minor bugs.

- I often got stuck and had to noclip my way out.

- The chest seems to contain some shiny piece of loot or hardware that cannot be fobbed after the jewels have been taken from the chest. Close examination with noclip shows that it looks a bit like an I-bolt.

Too much of loot! :D

1) Little bug:

banque_2014_11_23_23_08_21.jpg

2) I can take the goods without open the panels:

banque_2014_11_23_23_38_38.jpg

3) Where are the "wires"?

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Naw, I don't think there's too much loot.. sure, there's a lot of value in the loot, but this is a bank, presumably one in a richer area of town.. if walking out with somewhere around 26,000 sounds like a lot, remember that one of the other missions has an innkeeper spending 70 gold on carrots. We can either assume that "gold" is treated roughly like "dollars", in which case the innkeeper ordered a sizeable but managable quantity (and every mansion has little in the way of loot lying around.. probably because the rest is in a bank), or that 70 gold worth of carrots would probably fill the entire inn from floor to ceiling, and this bank has a portion of the King/Pope's money, or a large amount of money from the entire wealthy district.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I only got one. Not when I approached the tray though. The tray is full of coin, once you frob it, it turns in to a single sack with the coin in it. Same as the two chests. 3 bags total on my playthrough.

AB, please don't make the wire door 'open automagically'. Fix it the correct way, get help from a senior mapper like Obs or Biker that can help you trouble shoot the issue and find out what is causing it. Then, you'll learn more and can steer clear of potential issues in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to see more of this type of complexity, not less. It probably seems like a pain now but that's probably just because this is really the first time you've done it! Don't be bothered by it and avoid it in the future, master it and continue to add creativity to future projects. Please - with a cherry on top :)

Nah, I know exactly what the problem is, I just don't know where it is. It's not a question of not understanding it, it's a question of me mistakenly pressing enter on one entity in a few hundred and not having the inclination to go rooting around for it. I get the sentiment but it's really not a lack of comprehension, just an abundance of laziness.

Also not a clue about the bags on the tray. I feel like if it was an actual problem it would have cropped up more, and I don't see anything triggering the teleport without you first frobbing the coins.

Edited by Airship Ballet

Sorry - my fault

I didn't realise that frobbing the jewels in the chests and on the tray each create a bag of jewels

The reason I was confused was that the first time I played it I frobbed the jewels on the tray twice before the bag arrived (there is a slight delay between the two events) and got two bags of jewels

This time I did it slowly and got a bag on the tray and one on the shelf above each of the chests

Edited by Oldjim

The reason I was confused was that the first time I played it I frobbed the jewels on the tray twice before the bag arrived (there is a slight delay between the two events) and got two bags of jewels

This time I did it slowly and got a bag on the tray and one on the shelf above each of the chests

Huh, there's only one instance of each moveable loot sack. Are you sure that you didn't just tp it twice?

Yeah, I can't replicate it: when I frob it again it just pauses the process.

Edited by Airship Ballet