The Dark Mod Forums

Mod of the Year 2014

athalle

Heh, someone is mad that we're the Doom 3 mod that made it again:

Guest 4hours 20mins ago says:

Dont want rpg, stealth and fantasy.

I want sci-fi horror first person shooter. Sometimes people call it Doom.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

We have too strong a brand built up to consider a name change I reckon, but reclassifying sounds good. I have no idea what the effect on our competition prospects would be though!

Yeah, renaming is out of the question. But adding a subtitle would be an option.

Regardless of the competition, TDM is indie so switching over is just the right thing to do.

• Like 1

I guess after this years mod db awards we should ask mod db to move us over to indie db, shouldn't we?

I thought they already did? Can't seem to find it now though.

Maybe they share the user and team database? Everyone who has an moddb account apparently has one at indiedb, but my password did not work there. Just asked for a reset.

(Edit: my password on moddb neither works, I probably changed it and the browser forgot it.

Edit 2: Yeah, they share the user database. I'm already a member of the team darkmod on indiedb despite never having used the site :ph34r: )

Oh and:

Subject: Your mod is in the top 100

Date: Thu, December 11, 2014 6:13 am

Hello mod developers!

You are recieving this newsletter because it appears a mod you are connected to has

made the 2014 Mod of the Year Top 100 -

http://www.moddb.com...r-awards/top100

Edited by Tels

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

After the Top 100 were determined, you can now vote again for "Mod of the Year" :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Don't forget to vote again now to vote us into a nice place in the top 100, guys! :)

After the Top 100 were determined, you can now vote again for "Mod of the Year" :)

Yes that's what I meant ^^

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager