The Dark Mod Forums

Does anyone else here play DarkMod with a GTX 980?

cavador_8

This fix is TDM specific unless you use a light-gem render in your game too.

We simply excluded particles from our light-gem pass.

TDM does have distance checking for particles so that's something beyond native Doom 3.

There are plans to optimize this further using GPU oriented approaches.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

This fix is TDM specific unless you use a light-gem render in your game too.

We simply excluded particles from our light-gem pass.

TDM does have distance checking for particles so that's something beyond native Doom 3.

There are plans to optimize this further using GPU oriented approaches.

Nah, I don't have light-gem in my game.I thought you moved something on GPU (particles or something else). Since SteveL suggested to moved something on GPU, I began to wonder how you made rain. Cos if it's particles, moving particles to GPU isn't trivial task. And if you made rain with some other technique, not with particles, I would like to know how it's implemented :)

I run tdm on 2 gtx 980's in sli and I had pretty poor performance for a while running on win 10 tp. Not only tdm but other games aswell were fluctuating in performance way beyond what I expected and the system specs are in my sig.
After a while I ran into some older thread which led me to a newer one about a monitor timming thing used for power saving or something. From memory it was 15.6ns or something by default and is a global setting that needs to be reset to default after an app changes it.

I read about it on many forums and write ups which led me to try msi kombuster burn in and benchmark app. I ran it once. Now I just start it in the back ground if a game plays up and it worked. Its only like 18meg download so try it let us know if it works.
Do a google search for msi kombuster.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.