The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.2 pre-release test

I've kicked that one. I figured nobody was using this...?

LOL, yeah ALL the time dude, since DR 1.4

Found some more bugs -

• DR was randomly not remembering the below items untill I selected embedded view, DR has this view by default so I shouldnt need to tell it again.
    • window settings for the main DR window and child windows
    • what filers I had selected.
    • size and position of the embeded window.
    • size and location of the child windows.
    • what the last map I had open.
  • Select and drag in the ortho window is completly broken now.
  • When you have a model or entity selected, the model/entity inspector is not immediatly showing the selected item, you have to scroll up or down to get to it.
  • scrolling in the ortho windows is now really stuttery, and it gets worse if you have something selected.

LOL, yeah ALL the time dude, since DR 1.4

Ok, ok, I reimplemented that option.

Found some more bugs -

DR was randomly not remembering the below items untill I selected embedded view, DR has this view by default so I shouldnt need to tell it again.

Is it possible that DarkRadiant was crashing on shutdown? Do you have the Windows Error Reporting popup switched off, perhaps such that you don't get notified if the application is crashing during shutdown? All the stuff you mentioned is saved to the user.xml file on shutdown, and if a crash prevents that, this might be the reason.

Select and drag in the ortho window is completly broken now.

What do you mean by broken? You can't manipulate anything?

When you have a model or entity selected, the model/entity inspector is not immediatly showing the selected item, you have to scroll up or down to get to it.

I think this is nothing new in this pre2 build, or is it?

scrolling in the ortho windows is now really stuttery, and it gets worse if you have something selected.

I can see there is some laggy behaviour there that definitely wasn't there before. I'll try to find the cause.

• Ok, ok, I reimplemented that option.
  • Do you have the Windows Error Reporting popup switched off, perhaps such that you don't get notified if the application is crashing during shutdown?
  • What do you mean by broken? You can't manipulate anything?
  • I think this is nothing new in this pre2 build, or is it?
  • I can see there is some laggy behaviour there that definitely wasn't there before. I'll try to find the cause.
  • Smashing, ta.
  • I will have a look, where is this option located..?
  • As in when I have something selected via LMB and I want to drag this in orthoview, I can no longer do this. it looks like you have fixed this in pre3
  • Its the same issue as the sound shader inspector selection issue I mentioned in the previous build, as in when you have a item selected you go into the relevent inspector and said item isnt in the middle of the inspector window for ther mapper to see. The mapper has to scroll up or down to find it.
  • Smashing, ta.

And downloading....

biker, can you try opening Edit > Mouse Bindings.. to check in the "Orthoview" tab whether your "Manipulate" tool is bound to a valid mouse button? Maybe the default settings shipped with this build don't work on your end.

Thanks again for the video.

Re: layers dialog: will try to reproduce that.

Re: particle editor: please open a tracker entry with those steps.

Re: scrolling: so I take it this is working now as it should for you?

Re: scrolling speed: please file a feature request, maybe I can make it configurable.

Re: Manipulate: yes, this is what I meant, sorry for being unclear. The tab is called XY View in the mouse bindings dialog, not Orthoview (which is the general term, but I confused the labels).

I'm using the pre3 version.

Texture tool does not work at all. I made a decal patch. When that is selected and I open texture tool, I do not see the texture, just gray in the location where the texture alignment should be done.

EDIT:

Also, handling func_statics / models is wonky occasionally. I move the object and the object warps from the position I move it to back into the original position. It feels like the complexity of the object increases the likeliness of the wonky-warpiness. :wacko::blink:

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I'm using the pre3 version.

Texture tool does not work at all. I made a decal patch. When that is selected and I open texture tool, I do not see the texture, just gray in the location where the texture alignment should be done.

Damnit. I could reproduce this following your steps, then after de-selecting and selecting the patch again (with the TexTool still opened) it behaved correctly and displayed the UV patch. Now after restarting DarkRadiant I can't get the steps to produce the problem, it appears there is something else interfering with the Texture Tool's rendering.

• Re: particle editor: please open a tracker entry with those steps.

Re: scrolling: so I take it this is working now as it should for you?

Re: scrolling speed: please file a feature request, maybe I can make it configurable.

• Done - 03997

• Pretty much, just could do with being a tad faster - or better still have the speed customisable.

Done - 03998

Damnit. I could reproduce this following your steps, then after de-selecting and selecting the patch again (with the TexTool still opened) it behaved correctly and displayed the UV patch. Now after restarting DarkRadiant I can't get the steps to produce the problem, it appears there is something else interfering with the Texture Tool's rendering.

I was about to suggest that Sotha nuke and recreate his prefs, as the TT in pre3 has been working for me for a few hours I used DR today.

I was about to suggest that Sotha nuke and recreate his prefs, as the TT in pre3 has been working for me for a few hours I used DR today.

Nuked. Texture tool still gray.

It appears to be SplitPane specific. If I use Regular window layout, Texture tool works. In SplitPane it never works.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Nuked. Texture tool still gray.

It appears to be SplitPane specific. If I use Regular window layout, Texture tool works. In SplitPane it never works.

Got the bug. It's similar to the past bugs that were affecting the MediaBrowser's texture preview, there's a modelview matrix leaking into the TexTool context. I'll see to it.

edit: fixed.

I can't compile the current code on codereader's github repository, I get the following error:

CXX      darkradiant-RadiantThreadManager.o
In file included from RadiantThreadManager.cpp:1:0:
RadiantThreadManager.h:20:7: error: ‘vector’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a template type
  std::vector<DetachedThreadPtr> _finishedThreads;
       ^
RadiantThreadManager.cpp: In member function ‘void radiant::RadiantThreadManager::onThreadFinished(std::size_t)’:
RadiantThreadManager.cpp:86:2: error: ‘_finishedThreads’ was not declared in this scope
  _finishedThreads.push_back(found->second);
  ^
RadiantThreadManager.cpp: In member function ‘std::size_t radiant::RadiantThreadManager::getFreeThreadId()’:
RadiantThreadManager.cpp:92:2: error: ‘_finishedThreads’ was not declared in this scope
  _finishedThreads.clear();
  ^
Makefile:2381: recipe for target 'darkradiant-RadiantThreadManager.o' failed
make[2]: *** [darkradiant-RadiantThreadManager.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant/radiant'
Makefile:742: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant'
Makefile:482: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Edited by 7318

Biel Bestué de Luna - Github

Found another bug and this one is major as its causing BSOD's, I couldnt quite beleive it was DR. The report from Microsoft WinDbg is below. I should also point out this has happened on previous version of DR 2.x.x but I never thought it was DR, I thought it was either a dodgy driver or faulty ram. But as this was the third time and I made a point of doing some proper fault finding.

Bug Tracker - 04000

@Greebo, do you need a copy of my memory dump..? if so I can Pm you a download link.

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41201

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  DarkRadiant.ex

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000431a9fe to fffff800042bebc0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0b39f7e8 fffff800`0431a9fe : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041201 fffff680`000fbd00 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0b39f7f0 fffff800`042d86c4 : 00000000`00000080 fffff680`000fbd20 00000000`1f79b000 00000000`00000080 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x13702
fffff880`0b39f830 fffff800`045b7d4a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d3e2620 00000000`00000004 : nt!MiCommitExistingVad+0x2c4
fffff880`0b39f8d0 fffff800`042bde53 : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`11ddb3e0 00000000`00000000 00000000`0012a388 : nt!NtAllocateVirtualMemory+0x134a
fffff880`0b39fa70 00000000`775e143a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0012a368 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x775e143a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+13702
fffff800`0431a9fe cc              int     3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+13702

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  531590fb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1a_41201_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+13702

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1a_41201_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+13702