The Dark Mod Forums

Why are Apple like bad drivers?

Bikerdude

Because just like bad drivers, Apple when confonted with the fact they are risking peoples lives turn around and have the cheek to have a go -

- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bbc+report+on+apple&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=VkG2VMDOL4b7UNCdgvgH#q=bbc+report+on+apple&tbm=vid

I've said it before and I'll say it again, dont buy anything made by apple. But if you really have to, be smart and buy s/h.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3vRnBeSgs (surprise! it was yanked.)

A link for us US'ers. This is a huge problem and not just because Apple is in the spotlight. China is Communist lets not forget. Don't get me wrong, I've never had any aversion to Apple but technology as a whole is driving this entire machine.

This is definitely a problem though and corporations don't like any of the answers because it cuts in to their bottom line. Its a tough problem.

Edited by Lux

Prancing around about "premium products" is kinda terrible, considering Apple products are made in very much the same Chinese factories as any other consumer brand, HP for example. If people want to use them, then fine, I personally wouldn't recommend anyone I know to buy them, but don't bash other brands for being less superior, when all you're really paying for is the material of the housing and the brand name.

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

Prancing around about "premium products" is kinda terrible, considering Apple products are made in very much the same Chinese factories as any other consumer brand, HP for example. If people want to use them, then fine, I personally wouldn't recommend anyone I know to buy them, but don't bash other brands for being less superior, when all you're really paying for is the material of the housing and the brand name.

...and the overall design philosophy that makes using your computer feel like a cohesive whole rather than a jumbled mess of programs.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

Different ball game, now you're just referring to software. I'd be interested to know how OS X organizes programs better, other than the dock which becomes cluttered anyway, given that Finder is possibly one the worst directory systems in modern computing.

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

• 3 weeks later...

Because just like bad drivers, Apple when confonted with the fact they are risking peoples lives turn around and have the cheek to have a go -

- http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/36591-bbc-battered-for-daring-to-expose-apple

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vs348

I've said it before and I'll say it again, dont buy anything made by apple. But if you really have to, be smart and buy s/h.

The first link takes me to a page with "EVGA announces new SuperNova 1600 T2 PSU" which is a marketing fluff piece for a 360€ power unit. It costs more than mosts PCs...

Apart from the "we try to load additional fonts and fail, displaying chinese characters instead" for symbols, which is the latest web-designer-plage), the second link says:

"BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice."

The internet has already been broken by greedy and incompetent people. :(

Edited by Tels

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax