The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.2 released

DarkRadiant 2.0.2 is ready for use. This is a bugifx/stabilisation release. It's recommended to prefer this release over the recent 2.0.1.

Please refer to the github Release Page for downloading a Windows build: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.0.2

Thanks go out to all the pre-release testers!

You will need to download the VC++ redistributable to 2013 for your Windows system, get it here:

As usual I'll also ask OrbWeaver to update the release on his PPA. Note that releases of Ubuntu older than 14.04 don't have a proper wxWidgets 3.0 development package, so it's unlikely that these will be able to run DarkRadiant 2.0+.

Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Changes

• #4025: [GUI] SoundChooser doesn't scroll to the selected sound shader
  • #4024: [GUI] EntityInspector doesn't react to type-ahead search
  • #4019: [GUI] "Wrong type" error window spam in certain menus
  • #2251: [Design/Coding] DR 1.3.1: Any items dragged snap back to original location
  • #4003: [Map Editing] Crash in FaceInstance::selectedChanged (debug build) due to invalid callback
  • #4001: [Design/Coding] scene::Node destruction issues, PatchNode destructor never invoked
  • #3860: [Map Editing] Rotated light volume can not be resized properly
  • #3998: [General] Feature request: for 2.0.2 - Adjustable drag/scrolling speed in orthoview
  • #3997: [GUI] Particle editor broken in 2.0.2 pre3
  • #3999: [Renderer] Texture Tool sometimes not drawing, render area is just grey
  • #3978: [GUI] Some mouse operations are breaking when cursor is moved beyond the view
  • #3995: [Design/Coding] Redesign mouse interaction code used in 3D- and orthoviews
  • #3994: [GUI] Switching on realtime rendering might cause irresponsiveness of Camera
  • #3977: [GUI] Many treeviews are not sorting alphabetically
  • #3975: [Map Editing] Drag-manipulated func_statics can go off-screen with only origin left for drawing
  • #3976: [GUI] Arrow key events in Preference Dialog get propagated to the main window
  • #3965: [GUI] Application getting out of focus when closing inspectors
  • #3940: [GUI] Ctrl+Tab sometimes does nothing
  • #3938: [Design/Coding] DR not remembering ortho layout of SplitPane View after closing DR
  • #3901: [GUI] Need option to browse prefabs from non-FM paths as per DR 1.8.1
  • #3937: [Map Editing] When switching to Group Part selection mode, try to keep func_static selections
  • #3936: [Map Editing] Crash when deleting a selection containing both child primitive and parent entity
  • #3935: [GUI] Can't type into the SelectionSet dropdown box.
  • #3918: [Map Editing] Search field in Entity list
  • #3917: [Map Editing] Entity list takes ages to show
  • #3923: [GUI] GroupDialog Notebook is referenced by two different wxSizerItems at the same time
  • #3921: [Map Editing] Crash when loading a new map with non-empty entity selection
  • #3916: [GUI] Light Shader preview sometimes shows just a grey box
  • #3915: [General] Activating filters under some conditions crashes DR

The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.

Have fun mapping!

Thumbs up. Great work and thanks alot :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Thank you very much sir! I guess it's time to finally let go and upgrade from 1.8.1 :P

Thank you very much sir! I guess it's time to finally let go and upgrade from 1.8.1 :P

Me, too. :D

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I've noticed something strange when using the new version compared to 1.8.1 and whenever I move objects around there seems to be a delay in the 3d preview in the top left.

For example if I select a brush, press F and then select a face and just drag it out moderately fast there is a noticeable delay in the preview. I never really noticed it before so I dont know if its new but is there a way to stop this?

ebuild for properly installing DR 2.0.2 on gentoo

the patch for gentoo is still needed

short explanation how to use the ebuild: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/16686-darkradiant-201-released/?do=findComment&comment=358382

should i start a separate thread for the ebuilds so i can write a proper instruction to these and just add new ones with each release? is there even a demand for DR on gentoo???

Edited by PrinzEnrique

Having problem with Game Settings. Followed wiki but it's not working.

I have TDM installed

I:\The Dark Mod (folder)

and Dark Radiant

I:\DarkRadiant (folder)

DR preferences I have

dark mod (2.0) standalone

engine path: I:\The Dark Mod

Mod : darkmod

If I put the mod line there it keeps saying fs_game folder doesn't exist. If I don't put it there no textures load.

I've noticed something strange when using the new version compared to 1.8.1 and whenever I move objects around there seems to be a delay in the 3d preview in the top left.

For example if I select a brush, press F and then select a face and just drag it out moderately fast there is a noticeable delay in the preview. I never really noticed it before so I dont know if its new but is there a way to stop this?

The camera view is refreshing as soon as the app is "idle" which means no more mouse or keyboard events to process. I can set the camera view to forcedly redraw every time the orthoview is changing, but as the 3D rendering is expensive you might get lags in your manipulation - the orthoview might react stutterly as well. I can change the behaviour for the next pre-release build so you can get a feeling whether this is acceptable in large maps or not.

That thread is out of date as of the latest release, which includes a new .game file for "The Dark Mod 2.0 (Standalone)" which requires no fs_game subdirectory (you just point the main engine path to your DarkMod installation).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greebo,

in former DR version until 2.0.x I could assign the keyboad key="dead_circumflex" to a custom user preference in the input.xml, for example:

shortcut command="DeleteSelection" key="dead_circumflex" modifiers="ALT"

While this still is possible for an EN keyboard setting since version 2.0.x it isn't possible anymore for a DE keyboard setting.

I'm using Windows 7 and DR 2.0.2

Is this a known issue or should I open a bug tracker?

Thank you if that could be fixed :)

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

A bit confused right now. If I want to uninstall the previous version and install this one, where do I find the User settings folder that I need to delete ? I'm on Windows 7 and only know where to get rid of it on Windows XP.

A smaller question: Does DR still need the fs folder to be set exactly to "darkmod" ? I've set it to a different name and though DR ran, it couldn't find or open any maps.

EDIT: To be more specific, where exactly does DR create new folders in Windows 7 ? I want to be sure whether I need to delete some remnants manually.

Edited by Petike the Taffer

A bit confused right now. If I want to uninstall the previous version and install this one, where do I find the User settings folder that I need to delete ?

You don't need to delete anything. DarkRadiant can pick up your config from previous versions and deal with it.

If you're really determined to remove your settings, it's (in Windows 7) in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DarkRadiant\

A smaller question: Does DR still need the fs folder to be set exactly to "darkmod"?

You can select the "The Dark Mod 2.0 (standalone)" game from the list, then you just point DR to the TDM folder, with the mod and mod_base paths being completely optional. You only need to set the mod path if you're developing an FM.