The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 2 on a tablet

Goldwell

I have a Windows tablet now that plays it and TDM

great in laptop mode. I just have to figure out how to get the screen controls on. What's the system for it? Be even better if the controls weren't in a fixed place but eg by screen half, like some panel FPS.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

If you're responding to my question, I have a panel-laptop hybrid, so there's already a keyboard and mouse to play it normally.

What I'd like to know is how to play it in panel mode using only controls on the screen, as in this video.

Is there some app that I download that does the screen controls?

(I don't like the term app by the way, and it sounds even dumber applied to a windows machine. It makes me feel like programs are not independent files sitting in folders that I can toy with anymore.)

Edit: Well to answer my own question, Google is coming up with this: https://gameplay.gestureworks.com/

I guess there's not a free version?

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

If you're responding to my question, I have a panel-laptop hybrid, so there's already a keyboard and mouse to play it normally.

What I'd like to know is how to play it in panel mode using only controls on the screen, as in this video.

Is there some app that I download that does the screen controls?

(I don't like the term app by the way, and it sounds even dumber applied to a windows machine. It makes me feel like programs are not independent files sitting in folders that I can toy with anymore.)

Edit: Well to answer my own question, Google is coming up with this: https://gameplay.gestureworks.com/

I guess there's not a free version?

There was this in the video description, not sure if it was added just recently: http://palmtime.net/virtualgamepad/

Alright, I played TDM on a Windows tablet with that program. It worked pretty well!

I could look and walk around and frob things right off the screen.

Blackjacking works great. Aiming with the bow, while keeping the LMB pressed, is a bit of a challenge. You should be in good cover without time pressure so you have time to fumble with it.

The downside is the free version of the control scheme only has 3 working side buttons (jump and to open up the sword and blackjack respectively), and anything else you have to open up the keyboard and press the button. It really needs the commands at least to scroll through the inventory to get to lockpicks and to scroll through the weapons. Even just those two things would be very helpful. Also the 'use' key. I'll be happy if somebody puts up a modifiable freeware version. The existing ones are still too buggy to pay for them now.