The Dark Mod Forums

OtherSide Entertainment live-streaming Thief

Springheel

These guys suck at Thief! :laugh:

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

These guys suck at Thief! :laugh:

I've been told off/patronised on Youtube for leading guards to pitch black and KOing them after being seen in my T1 FM videos. I've been raised to believe that I'm a terrible thief, and watching this is a huge relief.

Hm I find this a bit of confusing as they hop and run through the maps while some guy babbles with a really bad quality transmission about random game concepts and another one respones while you hear him hitting the keys and mouse. Well - I thought this would be cool :(

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

At the start it was a bit rough but as things progressed it got better.

All over all I really enjoyed it, shame they haven't played Dark Mod though! (which I saw mentioned a fair bit and with praise in the comments)

Hm... When the question for a true, new Thief came up they just mentioned "Well, Square Enix have the rights on this now and they can do with it whatever they can imagine." That let me down :(

And too much talking about Ultima Underworld. Only some short stories they remembered out of the old LGS days, no infos about the Thief 2 Gold missions "Oh what? Where we planning that? I really can't remember. -No me neither."

It was fun to watch though from what I saw after they managed to get the sound working correctly. Nice that they did that for us!

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

At the start it was a bit rough but as things progressed it got better.

Did you see the whole recodring? I was only catching the last 30 minutes of it. Does it pay off to watch all of it? Did they tell many new intel about Thief and the days back at LGS?

Did you see the whole recodring? I was only catching the last 30 minutes of it. Does it pay off to watch all of it? Did they tell many new intel about Thief and the days back at LGS?

Yes I did watch the whole thing and it was quite interesting. Some people who are familiar with TTLG probably know most of the stories through podcasts and stuff but it was just moreso to hear them at the start because Tim and Randy were both discussing levels they designed and why they picked certain design choices etc.

The developers that were speaking seemed like such cool guys as well.

Oh and another thing that well it's new to me their studio name Otherside studios is a play on Looking Glass Studios, they say because you look through the looking glass and see? the otherside which I never made the connection before and that was cool.

I also remember hearing that discussion about Thief however by the time it comes to those crossroads maybe they make a whole new project all together with new factions and everything but use Stephen Russell and old LGS members. One thing was for certain though they are focussed purely on underworld and once thats done they said they're open to what comes next.

• Like 2

I think they are just acknowledging that currently they don't have the rights to Thief. And with the new Thief game having just come out, it's not likely the publisher is going to turn around to OtherSide and say, "Here, take the rights to Thief back, we're done with it, you go make all future Thief games!", as awesome as that would be, hehe. :) On the other hand, maybe one day they'd hire them to craft the next Thief game in the correct style, and with an appropriate budget, even if the publisher retained the overall rights for now. It would certainly be an extremely popular choice among Thief fans, and get quite a bit of attention in the game magazines and such, the original Thief team is back together (partly, anyway) to make the next Thief game and all that, and so good for marketing. :)

He probably was busy with various things and it just slipped his mind. I'm sure he'd like The Dark Mod, it's very Thiefy... ;) Anyhow, I sure do hope they will end up making the next Thief game, that would be a dream for Thief fans and sure to boost sales. :)

Edited by Dunedain