The Dark Mod Forums

Unreal Engine 4 is FREE

motorsep

Builder Roads only has eight, not ten ai's in it. But cool script. Overall the missions seem to use a relatively low amount of ai, but I doubt that's due to performance reasons. We simple don't need that much to create tension, and most missions are not extremely huge. At least, I never felt that TDM missions feel empty in regards to ai.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Builder Roads only has eight, not ten ai's in it. But cool script. Overall the missions seem to use a relatively low amount of ai, but I doubt that's due to performance reasons. We simple don't need that much to create tension, and most missions are not extremely huge. At least, I never felt that TDM missions feel empty in regards to ai.

In general, i think you're right, but there are a few missions with only few A.I.'s in it, which felt a bit empty. Considering most missions would play in the night anyway, that doesn't pose a big problem though i guess. :)

Wow, very cool. Wonder why they always have to exaggerate with the distance blur though.

Hollywood Effects Enforcing Policy :P

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

This animation was rendered in real time in Unreal engine, apparently on Titan X:

In cinematic terms 1 fps would be considered real time. lol

Don't know how many frames per second that was but i liked the message and the way they tied it to the release of UE4 has a free option, marketing at its best.

It says in the description that it's 30 FPS, and it's rendered on Titan X so on average GPU it would probably be 1 frame per second. LOD is noticable in couple of paces but it's not jarring.

Lol, I "love" this kind of comments :/ Thief in the Shadows was rendered on Titan X. Kite description only says 30 fps. No word about hardware.

No word about hardware.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/04/epic-games-new-a-boy-and-his-kite-tech-demo-points-to-blue-skies-for-the-games-industry/

Some serious muscle powers the lovely visuals of “A Boy and His Kite.” Nvidia’s newly revealed Titan X graphics processor powered the demonstration, enabling Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 to achieve new graphical benchmarks. The entire video is rendered in real time, running at 30 frames per second and taking place in 100 square miles of terrain. It features cinematic quality depth of field and motion blur, as well as fully dynamic lighting.
Meegan explained that all of the terrain in the demo is procedurally generated, saying that even the way the grass moves in the wind is powered by Unreal Engine. He said that while the event’s demo was running on the latest Titan X GPU, the live demonstration I saw was running on currently available GeForce GTX 980, and that even older processors would run it — the engine does a lot of the heavy lifting.

etc.

During today’s GDC session on Epic’s Unreal Engine, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang dropped in as a special guest to announce NVIDIA’s next high performance video card, the GeForce GTX Titan X.

In order to capitalize on the large audience of the Unreal session while not spoiling too much ahead of NVIDIA’s own event in 2 weeks – the NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference – NVIDIA is playing coy with details on the product, but they have released a handful of details along with a product image.

There's no need to be passive agressive. you can just correct him :P

Ahahahahahahahaah, you made my day :laugh:

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Our AI are also multi-use. In your average FPS, you gun them down and move on, while in stealth games, they may cross your path several times on their patrol routes.

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

The UE4 demo was amazing if you see to the graphics, but DAMN if I hear that ridiculously standardized piano chord progression in any more adverts, I will break someone's face..! :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 2

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

https://soundcloud.com/paralytik

On the same note, Carmina Burana. Don't.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Speaking of UE4, is anyone playing UT4? You can download the game now (if you're on linux, as far as I can tell you've gotta get it off of github). It'll take me a while to get it due to my internet connection but I'm curious what people think. I spent countless hours on the old UTs, but I didn't really like the vehicles in the later versions (I did however like UT2k4's coop mode--"invasion" I think it was called).

And what was the problem with UT3 again? I vaguelly recall it looking spectacular but the netcode being awful.

In addition to what jaxa already wrote, the creator of Unreal engine Tim Sweeney confirms on Nvidia's blog that the kite demo runs on TITAN X:

When you experience the huge, realistic world of our Kite demo running on NVIDIA TITAN X, you see the result of Epic’s longstanding commitment to state-of-the-art graphics.

It's only a model...

In addition to what jaxa already wrote, the creator of Unreal engine Tim Sweeney confirms on Nvidia's blog that the kite demo runs on TITAN X:

Aye, thanks for digging it out. UE4 doesn't feel too awesome any longer :(

If anyone interested / has time, try Unigine's Valley demo: http://unigine.com/products/valley/

My GPU is 670 GTX (the rest of the hardware is like 9 years old) and yet that demo runs fine on it. That makes me wonder about UE4 optimization.