Recommendation: What 1st person game to buy

Bikerdude

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crysis 1,2 or 3?

Completed those ages ago also :-)

nb. I currently have Skyrim:Legendary ed and am 80% complete. There is a free new mods coming out for SR such as, Endral and Hoddminir but no release dates for them as of yet. And while looking for the best mods of all time I see The Darkmod is at number 9. Oh and I have also already complete the fantastic Black mesa mod for HL2.

First person game -> Witcher 3? :huh:

But for recommendations:

- Nehrim (Oblivion Mod/Total Conversation, simply brilliant)

- Underhell (HL2 mod/Total Conversation, awesome gameplay and atmosphere)

- Cry of Fear (HL1 mod/Total Conversation, horror mod, sometimes buggy, but really great atmosphere and also quite challenging, also stunning graphics considering it is running on the GoldSource engine)

- Shadow Warrior (If you like bloody games^^, awesome gameplay, a bit repetitive, many say it is what the new DukeNukem game should have been like)

Hope I could help.

PS: Someone was faster than me at suggesting Nehrim^^

Edited by Cookie

Batman Arkham Knight and The Witcher are not first person games.

There's a bunch of decent first person survival games out right now, although beware, they are in Early Access. The Long Dark, The Forest, Salt, and Stranded Deep come to mind. And of course there's always Day Z.

The Talos Principle is supposed to be a pretty good puzzler.

Guessing you've played some or most of these: Fry Cry 3/4, Alien Isolation, Outlast, Dishonored, DXHR, Dying Light, Dead Island, Amnesia, Penumbra, etc.

Couple of good indie titles - Miasmata, Ether One, Vanishing of Ethan Carter...

Edited by brethren

• First person game -> Witcher 3?

- Underhell (HL2 mod/Total Conversation, awesome gameplay and atmosphere)

- Cry of Fear (HL1 mod/Total Conversation, horror mod, sometimes buggy, but really great atmosphere and also quite challenging, also stunning graphics considering it is running on the GoldSource engine)

- Shadow Warrior (If you like bloody games^^, awesome gameplay, a bit repetitive, many say it is what the new DukeNukem game should have been like)

• Ok well sorta, like Styx was sorta 1st person.

nice will go looking this this.

A tad too old

I have this as a gift in my steam inventory so will keep it as a backup.

• Batman Arkham Knight and The Witcher are not first person games.
  • although beware, they are in Early Access. The Long Dark, The Forest, Salt, and Stranded Deep come to mind.
  • And of course there's always Day Z.
  • The Talos Principle is supposed to be a pretty good puzzler.
    • Fry Cry 3/4,
    • Alien Isolation,
    • Outlast,
    • Dishonored,
    • DXHR,
    • Dying Light,
    • Dead Island,
    • Amnesia & Penumbra.
  • Couple of good indie titles - Miasmata, Ether One, Vanishing of Ethan Carter...
  • I know tedhnically they are 3rd person but me they play like 1st person.
  • ta, will go have a look.
  • Waiting for the price to drop.
  • looks nice, but no storyline.
    • needs origin, so not gonna happen.
    • Possibly not my cup of tea.
    • Not my cup of tea.
    • Played the GOTY edition.
    • Played the directors cut, bloody awesome game.
    • See post above.
    • Too old I think now that I have played DyingLight.
    • Not my cup of tea.
  • Will have a look.

:huh:

Not got a GTX970 to play games that my laptop dosent even struggle with, that and T1/2 are the only games I will tolerate low res textures in.

• I know tedhnically they are 3rd person but me they play like 1st person.

Err... :blink:

I have no idea what you're getting at here. Styx, Batman, and The Witcher are about as 3rd person as 3rd person gets! How can a 3rd person game play like 1st person?

Btw, Witcher 3 is not out until the end of May.

Edited by brethren