The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Atomic

I don't know how, but they seem to have somehow made it even easier than HR. Holy shit. When you have wall-hacks and the ability to look at 4 guys then knock them out with a single button, are you even playing a game anymore?

Edited by Airship Ballet

Yeah, not a big fan of those extensive and excessive intro sequences either, was already like that in HR. It also looks like you get quite powerful skills which probably makes the gameplay a bit casual, but you also got pretty powerful in HR after like 1/3 of the game already. Guess it has to be nowadays. Anyway, i also love the look and feel of the world.

I don't know how, but they seem to have somehow made it even easier than HR. Holy shit. When you have wall-hacks and the ability to look at 4 guys then knock them out with a single button, are you even playing a game anymore?

Yeah, seems pretty overpowered. If it has the same skill tree as HR, you probably get those powers later in the game though. But still, very powerful stuff.

It definitely never got that silly. I can only hope they're really balanced, that you have to eat like a hundred candy bars before you can feel your legs again or something. It may have a great story and a good atmosphere, and I really hope that it does, but without difficulty I can never really get into something, because it all feels less compelling. If I'm not struggling, I can't really relate to the struggle of the actual characters. It's more like I'm lazing my way between cutscenes, and the dissonance between invincible Player Jensen and completely useless Cutscene Jensen really takes me out of it.

On the other hand, if a game has zero depth but fun, challenging gameplay, it keeps me coming back. Relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJLYdjMPLo

Edited by Airship Ballet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I played the original DeusEx - Human Revolution long ago. Funny enough, I'm one of the fewer people who thinks it was one of the worst DX games, despite having the best graphics and being very good uncompared to the others. The first ever DeusEx holds my best childhood memories when it comes to gaming, and I hope to someday create a TDM campaign in a similar atmosphere and feel. In any case, I still wish a warm good luck to this series!

I played the original DeusEx - Human Revolution long ago. Funny enough, I'm one of the fewer people who thinks it was one of the worst DX games, despite having the best graphics and being very good uncompared to the others. The first ever DeusEx holds my best childhood memories when it comes to gaming, and I hope to someday create a TDM campaign in a similar atmosphere and feel. In any case, I still wish a warm good luck to this series!

Em... one of the worst... Since there are only 3 DX games that means it was second best :D

HR wasn't able to capture the formula of DX1, which was to make the game as realistic and current with a few years over to justify some concepts. HR went overboard with the futuristic approach, It looked more like a mix between Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. Obviously Square Enix injecting their exaggerated concepts and art direction.

I enjoyed the game as a Metal Gear spin off. I don't like it as Deus Ex.

Edited by Taquito

• 10 months later...

I will test a Radeon 7850 1 GB vs a GeForce 750 Ti 2 GB and report here :P

With D3D11 and D3D12 when the patch will come (September).

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/deus-ex-mankind-divided/critic-reviews most are reasonably happy with it except for http://www.trustedreviews.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-review

(just moving 132GB of files between discs to make room for it - I didn't need that much space but it is all in one folder)

Edited by Oldjim

27/34 on a GTX 970, something is not right with that review as the recommended spec is a GTX 970.

If the confusing feedback from some of the review is to believed, only 20hrs gameplay is... disappointing.

We need some user reviews, because as we all now critic reviews cannot be trusted due to incontrovertible amounts of bias from the majority of them.

This is the source of my benchmark picture above:

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/deus-ex-mankind-divided-test-gpu

They seem to have used a pre-release version of the game; there already is a
1GB-patch.
​Hopefully performance will get better, but I am a bit skeptical.

Edit:

After reading through some more benchmark reviews, it seems that some graphics

settings (tessellation, shadow detail in distance, global illumination level) can be

reduced without resulting in much visible difference, but yielding around +40%

in fps in Full HD.

Edited by Outlooker

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

"When outmatched... cheat."— Batman

Actually looking at the minimum spec it is a GTX 660 which would need a GTX 960 to match as the GTX 950 is lacking in memory bandwidth

This seems rather silly when the recommended spec is a GTX 970

So I will wait to see what lowenz reports otherwise it could get rather expensive

Another check - the Radeon 7870 is totally outclassed by the GTX950 on some reviews but on others the reverse so colour me confused

Edited by Oldjim

After reading through some more benchmark reviews, it seems that some graphics

settings (tessellation, shadow detail in distance, global illumination level) can be

reduced without resulting in much visible difference, but yielding around +40%

in fps in Full HD.

Perfect :)

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Actually looking at the minimum spec it is a GTX 660 which would need a GTX 960 to match as the GTX 950 is lacking in memory bandwidth

This seems rather silly when the recommended spec is a GTX 970

So I will wait to see what lowenz reports otherwise it could get rather expensive

Another check - the Radeon 7870 is totally outclassed by the GTX950 on some reviews but on others the reverse so colour me confused

Let me test when it's out :D

2 systems!

*i3 6300 + 16 GB DDR4 2666 + Radeon HD 7850 (1050/2400 MHz)

*i3 530@3.66 Ghz + 8 GB DDR3 1600 + GeForce GTX 750 Ti (1300 / 3000 MHz)

Obviously I can (and I will) swap the VGAs.

Edited by lowenz

About the volumetric light remember STALKER CS/CoP: you can *double* the performance reducing the density of it ("sun rays" option) and without any particular quality loss.

So, if possible, it would be perfect.

Edited by lowenz

I noticed a lot of settings that were wacked right up when there was no need -

• Shadow quality - high is more than enough.
  • Parallax occlusion mapping - (bump mapping), then simple on is more than enough. On very high it looked very unrealistic and a massive waste of processing power.
  • Depth of Field - I personally have this on very low or off, with the flick of an eye said background is in focus and games don't dynamically do this.
  • Volumetric lighting - as others have said, 'on' is more than enough.
  • Sharpen - what does this do exactly..?
  • Tessellation - what does it actually effect in a game, as the definition of the word seems to conflict with what games devs do with it.
  • Contact hardening shadows - (another form of ambient occlusion)? why wasen't this just set to on or some other setting other than Ultra..?

Other settings -

• Cloth physics, is this vendor independent (as in will it work on Amd & nVidia)

And as a mate said today, why can't modern AAA games dynamically turn stuff on/off in relation to keep a given frame rate? As in get the user to run a benchmark or several likely scenarios and then dynamically set certain settings.