The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Atomic

*POM is not a simple "upgraded bump mapping, it's *real* (for a rasterized 3D scene :D ) geometry processing. It's why some control over it is good.

*The same for volumetric lighting, see STALKER series or Fallout 4 (god rays density): control over it is always good!

*Sharpen is a sharpening filter to "create" some more texture detail (not real necessary on "Ultra" or "High")

*Tessellation creates on-fly more mesh detail (triangles! poligons!)

*Contact hardening shadows: the shadows are more and more blended/soft increasing the distance from the light source that cast them

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

From that link

"At minimum spec, which is a HD 7870 2GB or GTX 660 2GB, paired with an Core i3-2100, we aim to give you an average of 30 fps, at 1280*720 resolution, but this is at the low quality preset.
So why am I getting 30fps at 1920 x 1080 with my crappy graphics card

As expected sharpen is terrible :D -> OFF, turn that stupid sharpening filter OFF

Men, we need an option to turn off the TAFFING film grain too!

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Problems/suggestions for the future:

*Sharpen: only use with Temporal AA

*Film Grain can't be disable: it's subtle and good but I want the relative switch to turn it off

*Input handling: MAKE ANOTHER THREAD TO MANAGE THE INPUT dear Nixxes developers, it's a terrible unresponsive with low FPS (remember the Skyrim input lag? Same thing here)

*Hold Aim: an option for toggling! An option for toggling! Jensen is a superhuman! :D

*Animations: same bad design choices of Human Revolution (take an object -> your gun magically disappears, no holster animation at all! / open a door with action key -> it magically opens, you can do better devs! It's Deus Ex, not a taffing CoD! Learn from Crysis 2/3 about immersive animations! )

*Footsteps: as in HR you can crouch-run and noboby ear you -> STUPID

*Smart Vision must see lost weapons and ammunitions.....now it shows only bodies and objects of interest (chosen how?)

Edited by lowenz

Erg, I hate film grain.

OR it's the (volumetric) lighting implementation (see the 2 Wolfenstein).

But it's subtle.....you can endure it :P

Edited by lowenz

Having got to Prague - frame rate down to 20fps so won't bother playing any more until I get a new graphics card

I'm in Dubai and I use these settings now:

image.jpg

I can play on high settings with my 2 GB VRam GTX 770. The main thing consuming the VRam seems to be the MSAA option, at least that one gives out a warning, when you try to activate it. On high settings, i get an average of 47 fps or higher in Dubai with my system. Anyway, if it's siginificantly less in Prague, then i'll have to see with my settings. So far, it's running quite ok.

What do you guys think of the difficulty? Seems pretty easy on Deus Ex in the first mission. But then, you have all the augs and stuff, it probably will get more difficult after you lose those (which i assume will happen). Too much happening in the tutorial mission too, so much stuff being told... i really wished they would teach you all that in the course of the game, not all in the first mission.

I'm running this on high settings and getting great FPS. I have an i7 4GHZ and a GTX 980TI so I guess my system would be classed as high end however a big thing that makes games run better for me is running it in bordered window mode (it's in the options menu called "Exclusive fullscreen").

Shame about nixxes being responsible for the PC port though, they left Thief 2014 as a broken mess (sound bugs and bad optimization).

Played through the first level and loving this game so far, the exploration is really nice and graphically it looks amazing.

Edited by Goldwell

Exclusive mode is NOT the borderless mode.

Borderless mode is "non-exclusive".

Thief 2014 is a good "not so good porting benchmark" :P

Edited by lowenz

I'm running this on high settings and getting great FPS. I have an i7 4GHZ and a GTX 980TI so I guess my system would be classed as high end however a big thing that makes games run better for me is running it in bordered window mode (it's in the options menu called "Exclusive fullscreen").

Shame about nixxes being responsible for the PC port though, they left Thief 2014 as a broken mess (sound bugs and bad optimization).

Played through the first level and loving this game so far, the exploration is really nice and graphically it looks amazing.

Yeah! Especially as they don't seem to hassle the player like in Human Revolution, where you got "Get going, faster, faster!" hints right from the start, and even missions changed according to how much time you took before missions e.g.

Oh, cool, thanks for pointing that out. I'll do a check.

Getting these results on my system, with the "high" preset in Mankind Divided:

deus_ex_md_benchmarkm6umh.jpg

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 3.3 GHz
Graphics card: NVidia Geforce GTX 770
Sound card: ASUS Xonar DS
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
Ram: 8 GB
Good enough to play i guess.
Edited by chakkman