The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Atomic

No problem with "More of the Same" if the quality level is high enough.

But they MUST fix the Director's Cut with a second patch, damn Eidos!

I've played the Directors Cut, too, and had no problems on my side. What exactly do you want them to fix?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I've played the Directors Cut, too, and had no problems on my side. What exactly do you want them to fix?

Brace yourself and see the Eidos Forums thread :D

One big problem example: Carella dialogue options using CASIE are totally wrong.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I really enjoyed all three of the Deus Ex games and am looking forward to the new one. Even if it is more of the same that's fine for me, I thought the story of DX:HR was really engaging and interesting and I believe the development team are capable of learning from their mistakes with DX:HR and fixing them for DX:MD.

I also really enjoyed Adam Jensen as a character, I see in some places (not just here) people complaining about him but I feel he is a great main character. A has a fantastic voice actor behind him and seems like a very interesting person for me (but I was very thorough in my playthrough of DX:HR so maybe I learnt more about him than most).

My only wish for the new game is that they fix the boss problem so if you choose to go down the stealth path you can still get past the bosses, infact possibly doing some sort of side mission instead would be major points and would make a fun replay using more aggressive tactics.

edit: seems like that wish has already been answered, according to a game informer snippet they said

• "You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
  • Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
  • Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
Edited by Goldwell
  • Like 1

I also really enjoyed Adam Jensen as a character, I see in some places (not just here) people complaining about him but I feel he is a great main character. A has a fantastic voice actor behind him and seems like a very interesting person for me (but I was very thorough in my playthrough of DX:HR so maybe I learnt more about him than most).

Look at my avatar :D

Jensen and Prophet (from Crysis) are just perfect characters for action-oriented-but-mature games.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Same here. It's important for me to be able to identify with the protagonist, and i could really do so in DE:HR, expecially because he's quite neutral to most things, and rather makes up his mind than make stomach decisions, or be influenced. I think they really did a good job with Jensen.

Same here. It's important for me to be able to identify with the protagonist, and i could really do so in DE:HR, expecially because he's quite neutral to most things, and rather makes up his mind than make stomach decisions, or be influenced. I think they really did a good job with Jensen.

Well, it's complicated. Jensen isn't an amoral/stone-cold-heart rationalist character, he's in the process to become a mature person but sometimes he blows up as a volcano :)

He isn't Geralt of Rivia :D

Edited by lowenz

It was better executed in DXHR than RAGE, and your just being picky for the sake of it.

RAGE rules. Where else can I be a western old school shooter in future post apocalyptic world? Story was never something that I expect to be mesmerized by from an id title. However, weapon customization and killing / ways of killing / lots of killing is something I expected, and RAGE delivered that in spades. Had a feel to QUAKE moreso than any title since that time from the studio.

Had a feeling new DX title was saving grace for Eidos Montreal. Seems new DX will just plug Thief4 coding into the existing DX standards. Seeing ammo through walls is focus loot through walls, etc.

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks DX:HR is too yellow. Are there really patches to make it more yellow? What?

"We won’t go into too much detail for now, but what we envision is for our projects to have meaningful ties to one another, in order for them to strengthen and deepen your experience within this Universe."

...from the Dawn Engine website link about DX universe....LOL way to put foot in mouth by selling people on a linked world of events from game to game in a series and then change the story for new games as canon?

I think EM is hoping to have a generational title like Assasssin's Creed in the making so they can have steady cash flow for years to come. Lord knows that the Thief 4 title didn't help strengthen their money purse.

RAGE rules. Where else can I be a western old school shooter in future post apocalyptic world? Story was never something that I expect to be mesmerized by from an id title. However, weapon customization and killing / ways of killing / lots of killing is something I expected, and RAGE delivered that in spades. Had a feel to QUAKE moreso than any title since that time from the studio.

Had a feeling new DX title was saving grace for Eidos Montreal. Seems new DX will just plug Thief4 coding into the existing DX standards. Seeing ammo through walls is focus loot through walls, etc.

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks DX:HR is too yellow. Are there really patches to make it more yellow? What?

Rage has so much inexpressed potential......but is left inexpressed.

It could have been "Trigun-on-a-videogame-dream" but turned out to be "mehhhhhh".

The second zone.....don't let me think about that wasted beauty.

Edited by lowenz

Btw, i really hope they won't implement any kind of time pressure in the game like they did in HR, e.g. in the scene you have to rescue Malik, or in the first (tutorial) misson (cardinal error to do it in a tutorial). Worst thing you can do in such a game IMO.

• Like 1

Btw, i really hope they won't implement any kind of time pressure in the game like they did in HR, e.g. in the scene you have to rescue Malik, or in the first (tutorial) misson (cardinal error to do it in a tutorial). Worst thing you can do in such a game IMO.

You're right about the first mission.....but I disagree about the Malik case :D Maybe the pressure it too much but.....it's fitting.

• Like 1

The only problem I had on non lethal was stopping one of the heavies getting killed when the robot blows up - took me several goes (I created a save at the start) and on the successful one I had to drag one heavy out of range

To ensure you did it on non lethal you have to check all the bodies afterwards

Edited by Oldjim

The only problem I had on non lethal was stopping one of the heavies getting killed when the robot blows up - took me several goes (I created a save at the start) and on the successful one I had to drag one heavy out of range

To ensure you did it on non lethal you have to check all the bodies afterwards

Did this exact thing. God it was a pain: those dudes lift.