The Dark Mod Forums

Readable editor broken

Readable editor is completely broken in both DR 2.0.2 and DR 2.0.3 pre-release test.

The WYSIWYG window in the readable editor is black and I cannot see what I am doing.

I am unsure how can I complete my map, because I need to put my readables in but I cannot do anything about them.

I suppose I need to revert back to a version that works reasonably well. Does anyone know which version of DR has the least amount of critical bugs and still has a working readable editor? Where can I download it? Thank you.

It sucks, but I have no option but to suspend all TDM mapping activities until I have tools that work. :(

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Readable editor appears to be working in 1.8.1, if others need it.

When reverting, be sure to nuke Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DarkRadiant.

It worked in a bizarre way until I removed that folder.

Clipper

There is some bugtracker activity of him in february, so everything should be ok. Anyway, one thing that might help Greebo would probably be to mark the most critical issues actually as critical in the priority-setting.

Ok, if you think it helps... I've set priority to urgent and severity to major.

I also increased priority and severity of the objective editor instability bug report.

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4126

To get a full mission done, these features are pretty crucial to work properly.

While these are resolved I think it is wise to recommend people map on 1.8.1. Lower chance of promising new mappers quitting due to frustration.

Clipper

Oh, hey, while we're at reporting bugs, the prefab viewer is crashing me every single time I try to load a second prefab. If I click one in the import prefab window, it works, but if at any point in the same session I try to click another, it crashes DR.

Oh, hey, while we're at reporting bugs, the prefab viewer is crashing me every single time I try to load a second prefab. If I click one in the import prefab window, it works, but if at any point in the same session I try to click another, it crashes DR.

Reported. Tracked here:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4136

Anyone discovered anything else?

• Like 1

Clipper

Yes, the issue with rotating multiple selected items -- they rotate around the centre of the selected group, but using their own axes instead the world axis. That's what causes the prefab rotation problem that I just commented on in Merry's thread. I'd think it's a quick win.

Yes, the issue with rotating multiple selected items -- they rotate around the centre of the selected group, but using their own axes instead the world axis. That's what causes the prefab rotation problem that I just commented on in Merry's thread. I'd think it's a quick win.

I do not know how to put that into words in the the bugtracker entry. Perhaps you should file it so that it is worded correctly?

If you don't have login there, write it here and I can copy paste your text into the report.

Clipper

The 2.02 readable editor works fine for me. I can create a new readable, and read/edit existing ones.

Not that this information helps you any, but it's probably just some setting problem.

Nuked my Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DarkRadiant. Now the readable editor is working.

If I set the window layour to splitPane, it stops working. Looks like the readable editor is broken in splitpane window layout mode.

Embedded - works

Floating - works

Regular - works

RegularLeft - works

SplitPane - doesn't work.

• Like 1

Clipper

This has been a thorn in our side since the beginning. I doubt it's an easy fix, as a few attempts have already been made at dealing with it.

• 10 months later...