The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: A House of Locked Secrets by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2015/05/28)

Moonbo

A House of Locked Secrets (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  2. 2. Gameplay

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Story

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent

Spoiler

The guard behavior is intended :-). The issues with dropping into the tunnel with an AI is something other players have noticed (sadly not during testing) but it's probably not something that can be fixed at this point. Live and learn I guess. Thanks again for kicking the tires around, I wish you'd been a beta tester!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

I really liked this one. Unfortunately I lost my inventory at some point and didn't really notice until I had overwritten all my saves. I had almost 3 out of the 4 "ghost missions" completed and was really looking forward to finish it this evening, but it seems there's nothing I can do to get my stuff back. What a shame. A really well made one, though, considering it's age that's even more impressive.

Of course!

There's a bug where you can lose all your items besides the spirit amulet and the guidebook under specific circumstances. I think it happened at some point when I switched between lockpicks while transitioning between spirit world and real world. Don't even know why I did that, to be perfectly honest.

The bug's mentioned some pages ago. I can't recall which and I think it was marked as spoilers, so it's not that easy to find (found it via Google). The author is aware and it was even registered as a resolved issue on some page... I really don't know where I saw this but it's not resolved. I can try and dig it up again for you if you like.

Ack, sorry you ran into that. Yeah, the coding for swapping inventories is somewhat complicated, but if you've tracked the bug down to being caused by switching inventory items during the swap then it should be pretty straightforward to finally fix (just disallow item switching during the transition). If anyone wants to fix and test, like any other bugfix they have my blessing!

• Like 2

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question for all who've played this before!  After

Spoiler

killing the lich and returning to the real world, I wandered around trying to get back in as I have a lion head and a crown still in my spirit inventory.

But, it seems that

Spoiler

there's no way to return to the spirit world after killing the lich? All the previously frobbable items when the holy item is equipped are now unfrobbable. Am I missing something or am I locked out of finding any further secrets based in the spirit realm?

I have a save before, but I'd rather not have to do it all over again if I can avoid it. Thank you for any insight or advice!

Edited by Liana

17 hours ago, datiswous said:

Look at above posted video on minute 53.

Thanks!  The trouble is that I already

Spoiler

killed the big bad by destroying the vessel

and now none of the holy objects are frobbable, including the one in the video at minute 53 :(  They do not light up or highlight.

EDIT: loading a save before

Spoiler

placing the 5th seal

And then went back to the chair with the necklace to get back to the real world. Nothing. Then loaded another save right after picking up the 4th seal but before placing it. Still can't leave as the necklace won't light up.

I had to go to a save before solving the

Spoiler

last of the four mysteries

I wonder if my save is bugged? Is it supposed to lock you out of the spirit world once the 4th seal is picked up?

Edited by Liana

Me again. After returning to an earlier save prior to picking up the fourth seal:

Spoiler

went to the church and I love what I found in the spirit realm. Except, I'm missing the chalice.

I'd love a hint where to find it? I can't locate any text based walkthroughs, only video and those, of course, aren't searchable. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: nevermind, found it!

Spoiler

It's in the spirit realm/church to anyone else feeling clueless!

Edited by Liana
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been years since I played this and I'd almost forgotten how good it is. I can only aspire to producing something of similar quality some day.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• 2 months later...

Just to remind anybody that this is one of the best FM's out there (though I haven't played all available missions yet).

I couldn't find a link to a "Best Fan Mission" thread or a web page anywhere ranking missions, so I'm left with congratulating the author here. So many thanks to Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher for their mission.

• Like 1