The Dark Mod Forums

Bob's Textureplasty Clinic

Bob Necro

I can't speak of the technical details, but your help would be much appreciated. :) I handled the conversion and normal maps, and yes, the results are what I could get out of Njob.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Yes, we like PNG since compressors get better all the time and we may eventually re-compress at a better quality some time down the road.

Edit: Ninja'ed

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Hey Bob, welcome.

Melan and myself that integrated some of your textures into the core mod, so yes please we would very much like to work with you on this!

If you like, drop me a PM with your skype details so I can take you through how we import textures into TDM.

b.

I don't do Skype, and I quite like nbohr's idea of keeping around a bank of lossless originals, so I probably don't need to know much about the implementation side, but thanks.

WAS gonna post some finished textures now, but apparently I'm not "allowed to use that image extension on this community." What gives?

Now they look right. Thank you!

These should be added to the next version. :)

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Are these new ones going to be replacing the old ones for 2.04 or do I need to manually place them into my map because I am using a few of those textures.

Thanks for doing this by the way!

Lovely. Especially the bumps look fantastic. Looking forward to see them ingame.

Good work, thanks. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

More stuff: http://goo.gl/photos/sBvhY8uNWY2YH1qF6

How did you make these, out of curiosity? Did you model them?

I can't tell CG modeling from a hole in the ground, so it definitely isn't that. I made them in Photoshop - if you've got an editor that lets you edit RGB channels separately, normal maps aren't very hard to figure out.

Are these new ones going to be replacing the old ones for 2.04 or do I need to manually place them into my map because I am using a few of those textures.

That's the idea!

I've been converting some of the windows (Not sure if they are yours) into transparent ones, but they don't always get used.

Video:

(snip)

Don't see anything that I had any hand in. But if you want to convert the old school Thief inspired windows too, I can provide the isolated alpha channels for you if you wish.

• Like 1

More stuff: http://goo.gl/photos/sBvhY8uNWY2YH1qF6

I can't tell CG modeling from a hole in the ground, so it definitely isn't that. I made them in Photoshop - if you've got an editor that lets you edit RGB channels separately, normal maps aren't very hard to figure out.

That's the idea!

Don't see anything that I had any hand in. But if you want to convert the old school Thief inspired windows too, I can provide the isolated alpha channels for you if you wish.

@bob, how do you make your normals? as they all look handmade...

That would be nice actually.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.