The Dark Mod Forums

Dishonored 2

Cambridge Spy

So with prices not changing much, I went ahead and bought the game (28% lower than steam's current price I might add)

Is it just me or does listening to Stephen Russels give people goosebumps... :blink: I wonder did the dev team ask him to do his best Garret voice :laugh:

The guys @ Eidos must be ashamed of their decision (and related stupid motivations) about nuThief voice acting choices.....Russel? Too old for motion capture!

The same for Sam Fisher and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Bought it, too. 40€ on mmoga. Can't wait to play it. :)

The steam version costs 60€, but comes with the GOTY of the first Dishonored, which might be good if you don't already own it.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Just started the preload at 5.4MB/s - predicted size 32.2GB

Jesus. That's about my monthly download quota. :rolleyes:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Jesus. That's about my monthly download quota. :rolleyes:

Want me to burn it onto Blueray for yer...

On a different note, looks like even DS2 is not safe from the post release perf issues -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/arkane-is-investigating-dishonored-2s-pc-performance-issues-txaa-the-cause-of-performance-issues/

According to some early reports, the PC version of Dishonored 2 is plagued with performance issues. Owners of high-end GPUs are witnessing underwhelming performance, with really low framerates (that are not justified by the game’s visuals). And it appears that Arkane Studios is aware of these performance issues.

According to Harvey Smith, co-creative director at Arkane Studios, the development team is currently investigating the PC performance issues that have been reported by those who have already played the game.

@Th3Frost3 @dishonored We're aware some PC players are having problems. We're investigating. Send details to @bethesdasupport.

— Harvey Smith (@Harvey1966) November 10, 2016

Regarding the Day-1 patch for Dishonored 2 that has been reported, Harvey Smith claimed that most of the stuff that will be featured in the Day-1 patch for consoles is already present in the PC version.

@M7mdAl7rbi77 @BethesdaSupport If you're on PC, most of the other "day 1 patch" stuff is already built in. More updates later.

— Harvey Smith (@Harvey1966) November 10, 2016

According to some users, the game is plagued with performance issues – even on Low settings – due to TXAA. TXAA is a really demanding AA solution and as some gamers discovered, this AA option is enabled even on the game’s Low preset setting.

@Harvey1966 @dishonored Figured it out – it's the TXAA anti-aliasing. It uses it even on Low detail, and it's a hog even on my GTX 1060.

— Dominic Tarason (@dominictarason) November 10, 2016

Yesterday, I've spent more than 4 hours playing intro, the queen palace, Dunwall, and the first visit to the Void, and now I'm happy (although I've collected just 2/3 of loot) :)! The game looks nice, but I should mention that I've changed some default options in order to get a crisp image, like in-game screen scaling (75% -> 100%) and antialiasing (TXAA low -> none). There still are a few little graphics artifacts, but I'm sure they soon will be eliminated.

The gameplay is basically the same as in DH1, but if you choose the most hard difficulty (like I did), be ready: the game won't forgive you for any mistake you make. And I like it :)!

There are also a lot of texts, so bookworms like me will also be happy :). In a nutshell, DH2 is a great game, from I what I've seen and heard in it at this moment.

I also started playing D2 yesterday. My rig's not bad, even though it's a couple years old. But you're right. Performance is sort of bad. It's not fluid, like the first. There's constant stuttering of the image, regardless of my speed, whether I'm skulking or running. Because of that aiming is really hard; I keep missing shots 'cause when I think I'm hitting the target dead-on, the mouse has actually already shifted a bit, and I miss the shot, having to reload or get fucked. The palace was manageable when it came to frame rates. Then I got to the streets, and oh boy, it's not good. Played for about two hours, then I got too sick to play. My roomie has a better laptop, so I'll try hers to see if it's better. Tweaking instructions sure do come in handy right about now...

EDIT: As for the story, seems interesting. Though, as I've said before, I'm bored with Delilah.

Edited by Summer

Want me to burn it onto Blueray for yer...

May not be a bad thing. But I need to buy a new PC first, and that may take a little time.

On a different note, looks like even DS2 is not safe from the post release perf issues -

Well, they didn't ask you to do it, did they. :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Started playing it, too, and yeah, performance isn't that good. I can't say much about the first game as I bought the whole boundle a year or so after it has been released, so I guess it already went to a lot of performance increasement. As it is technically still the same engine as in part one as far as I have read I'm a bit curious where the performance issues come from. I have lowered the setting making it playable and it looks fine, but I hope there will be a patchsoon anyways, as it is a shame that I have to reduce the settings to medium or low to play it fluid although I have a brand new rig. :(

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

there's an auto aim in the options, I turned it off cause the auto-aim misses.

I've only noticed a small bit of game lag and that was in the sanatorium, but all the graphic settings are set to low.

Apparently knocking guards out puts you into high chaos again just like the first game did.

in the dock area there's three guards looking directly at a rune and a bone charm, there doesn't seem to be a stealthy way to get the items without being seen, they never move, even smashed a bottle near them and they didn't move, think they're stuck.

I don't think knocking out guards moves you to high chaos only killing them

I an most of the way through on low chaos with no kills at all

The one thing which annoys me - other than the choke mechanism which is still broken in my opinion - is the low resolution at distance

An example trying to take out an enemy with a sleep dart and he merged into the background so I completely failed to see him the first time and the only way to aim was using the red dot which changed when over the target

Edited by Oldjim

ID Tech 5 AF applies to the megatexture :D

And yes, values over 4x ruin the image (in ID Tech 5), there is some heavy shimmering.

You can see it clearly in Wolfenstein (NO, OB) and RAGE titles.

Edited by Bikerdude

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.